Full Moon

JensBump

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of the full moon having an effect on the number of babies born?

I ask because last night I woke up 3 times with really strong BH had to breath through them and have not had that before - so I was looking online today and there seems to be a link for 3 days before and 3 days after a full moon (happening Monday 9th) - more womens waters break and more women experience strong BH?

Not sure if it is true - I also read that the hospitals put more staff on during the full moon. :eh:

I've heard that the moon is suppose to have an effect yes, but don't know if it's true. I kind of hope it is because there will be a full moon around my dd.

Wish you lots of luck!!

xx

I've heared this too - also i know someone who works at a home for people with mental health problems and they can be fine all month but then kick off at a full moon! its very strange, lets hope something happens for me! x

gravitational force is different at the full moon, it affects the tides too so yeah some ppl might be susceptible to that

Oh I really REALLY hope this is true. I'm ready for labour. Xxx

I posted an article on this A fewmonths ago. I can confirm that our hospital labour ward was heaving on Friday night!

Last night when I went to delivery suite there were 2 people in there giving birth, this morning there was 5 and another 2 waiting for induction. So you never know x

Id never heard that one before - but having worked in care homes for the elderly and kids with special needs I can quite believe it.

When i first started night shift in the nursing home, I did two full moons in a row, the third month I actually checked and asked for that night off - cos they are bloody awful shifts to work.

With the kids - this one little boy (about 8) kicked off the night before it, and for 3 nights - it took 3 members of night staff to deal with this one child - who we pretty much had in a rountine the rest of the month.

xxx

hope this is right! there is a full moon 3days before my due date xx

When I did maternity as part of my nurse training they were all on about full moon. Same goes for A&E though so it's not all babies it's also crazy drunks.

I don't care what anyone says, full moon definitely has an effect on people. I work on a site that deals with the weirder side of life and we always have full staff levels on at full moon in the chat rooms. I think last year we went from having a human tree to aliens, vampires and werewolves logging on :D. There are a few wind up merchants but most of them seriously believe in themselves lol. It's great fun xxxxxxxxxx

i have heard this one apparently if you show ur bump to the full moon it can send you into labour!! i laughed it off as old wives tale but it was a full moon the night i went into labour with my 2nd when i arrived at hosp at 4am in morning on due date MW said cant you tell its a full moon tonight with all the ladies that have come in he arrived 1hr 45 min later and the labour ward was full :) so think there is some truth behind it lol

So Good Luck and get flashing ur bumps to the full moon :dance: xx

i have heard this one apparently if you show ur bump to the full moon it can send you into labour!! i laughed it off as old wives tale but it was a full moon the night i went into labour with my 2nd when i arrived at hosp at 4am in morning on due date MW said cant you tell its a full moon tonight with all the ladies that have come in he arrived 1hr 45 min later and the labour ward was full :) so think there is some truth behind it lol

So Good Luck and get flashing ur bumps to the full moon :dance: xx

oh and i just checked date of full moon for the year and there is one on the 5th may and im due the 4th so wonder if it will happen again on full moon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back