Full body scanners?

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by ChloeSmith, Jun 13, 2013.

1. ChloeSmith

ChloeSmith Well-Known Member

Off for a long weekend away tomorrow :) just a bit worried about the full body scanners they have in Manchester airport, I take it they're safe?

I saw online it said if you don't get scanned you can't fly, so I guess they must be safe for preggers women? Anyone else used them? Xx

2. Rebecca89

Rebecca89 Well-Known Member

I asked this before I went away last week and everyone seemed to say they were fine, I didn't get picked to go through them this time, just the metal detector, but if I had I was going to ask if it was safe first, I took my maternity notes in my handbag just in case! Xxx

3. ChloeSmith

Thanks Rebecca! I think in Manchester they're all full body ones. I'll ask the question before I go through! Xx

4. Geekachublog

Geekachublog Well-Known Member

They're more for metal detection that some weird X-ray body scanning, you should be fine :)

5. Nat28

Nat28 Well-Known Member

There absolutley fine, i read about this on my pregnancy app, so dont worryx

6. Rebecca89

Rebecca89 Well-Known Member

i flew through manchester terminal 2 and i just had the metal detector and my oh had a pat down lol, but i have been through the proper scanners twice before, think that was at terminal 1 each time though so maybe it depends where you are flying too! xxx

7. ChloeSmith

Thanks Rebecca, I just got the metal detectors in the uk as it turned out too! And in Italy the lady just patted me down then ushered me round the scanner so I didn't have to go through! It is amazing me now that people can tell im pregnant by looking at me - my bump has really popped! :) xx