Frustrated!!

JoeyClare

Reaction score
So after the doctors told me I had pre-eclampsia, I was told any headaches, blurred vision, dots in front of eyes and a pain in the right side of my ribs meant I had to call triage immediately. Unfortunately, on Sunday afternoon I started getting dots in front of my eyes, so it was back to hospital again! My BP was high and I had the highest amount of protein they can detect in urine.:-(

They put a canula in my right hand to take blood. Embarrassed to say I sobbed hysterically when they put it in. Even worse, it stopped working, so I had to have it removed and another put in my left hand! My BP started to settle again, so they said I could go home once the bloods had come back (if all was ok). Me and hubby arrived at hospital at 7:30pm and I didn't get to leave until 3:45am. They called me back in today for more BP checks. They came back ok, but the midwife told me my blood results were not good and she was very concerned. The consultant then came and gave me an internal exam and said my cervix was softening. She decided I needed to come back next Monday at 39 weeks where they may consider induction. The midwife wasn't happy and pretty much told me and hubby that with my blood results, they should be inducing me earlier.

I just wish I could have a definite decision. If I have any more problems then I could end up with induction/c-sec this week. The midwife has made me the earliest possible appt next Monday and told us to bring all the bags as she's hopeful they'll induce.

Wow, what a nightmare! Doesn't make you feel great when the medical staff are disagreeing with each other right in front of you!
I hope you get what you need very soon and baby arrives safe and well when the time comes. xx

Big hugs. Hope they get something agreed its not nice worrying and not knowing xx

Got my midwife check up for BP tomorrow, so we'll see what the outcome is then. I was chatting to my cousin today who had high BP but didn't have pre-eclampsia and she was monitored daily in the last 3 weeks of her pregnancy as meds weren't bringing her BP down. She said the consultants were the same with dragging out the decision to do something.

I just don't get it though. They make a big deal out of scaring us with all this info about pre-eclampsia, high blood pressure, etc, but when something like that actually happens, they don't treat it like it's an emergency?? So is it NOT an emergency even though they make us panic about these things happening to us? Or IS it an emergency and they're dragging their heels because they're shit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back