fruit

Gruntie2

Reaction score
wheres everyone think the best place to buy fruit from is now a days... the last two times i brought bananas.. i buy them green and within a couple of days they are black inside.. Yuckie...... don't have the time to go buy them everyday... need the bananas for the cramps i get in my legs at nite... ??

we buy supermarket ones but always buy loose not in a bag and keep them away from other fruit
also put them in a carrier bag and hang on a cupboard handle (one that you dont use that often) so they dont get bruised laying down :)
ours last all week :)
manda xx

i cover bananas in a paper bag n put them in fridge, seem to last longer

my tesco dont sell red delicious.. so basically whatever supermarket im in and i see nice fruit i get it.. i have a banana tree on the top of my fruit basket. so i dont have problems with them going bad..

keep you bananas separate like manda says... they also ripen any other fruit they are in the bowl with so you end up with fruit that goes off too quickly. And if you can get one of those banana hangers even better as they bruise whenever they touch anything!

bananas - the worlds most high maintenance fruit! :rotfl:

Bananas should be kept in a warm environment, in the cold they go off quicker. I used to work in a farmshop and bananas were always kept in the warm office, away from the other produce.

I only like cold narnas.

I buy my fruit wherever, tesco, co-op, londis..

I have to be careful though because I am allergic to most fruit and if I eat the wrong fruit I end up looking like Leslie Ash round the chops.

Lou :doh:

I buy most of my fruit and veg from the local farmers market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back