Fruit

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Can anyone help me please. i am 11 weeks pregnant and i am addicted to fruit, peaches, nectarines, plums and berries. I ate 7 plums yesterday. Can anyone tell me if this is okay. Am i overdoing it? please help. Been at work for 15 mins and already ate 2 plums.

x

I'm no expert but I think it is better to be addicted to fruit than mcdonalds!

I am really into fruit smoothies at the moment and I have already had a banana and a huge load of strawberries as well.

I have also turned up at work with a punnet of peaches and will probably have a huge fruit smoothie when I get home.

I can't imagine you are doing any harm. The only drawback might be you get tummy aches or wind :oops: :lol:

Hi Davina

Again, I'm not an expert but agree with SWBB - fruit is certainly one of the healthier cravings to have. The only thing I can think of is to make sure you're washing it thoroughly (I'm sure you are) and be aware that it may have an effect on your bowel movements (sorry - too much info).

Wish I could crave something healthy instead of cheese, chocolate and salty stuff (not all together thankfully!) :lol:

LBxx

Mmmm, I had a bowl last night with a handful of cherries, 2 nectarines and a peach. Just what I needed :D

Thanks for the replies. My stomach does make a noise each time i eat a piece of fruit but i just cant seem to get enough of it. I was told when i was pregnant with number 1 not to eat too many grapes because of diabetes but was unsure about other fruits.

xx

I am eating tonnes of fruit at the moment but in particular tomato juice......at least a litre a day.

I think it can only be good to have these healthy cravings.......stops the constipation too!!!

Much love

Hi Kerry

Funny enough i dont seem to be able to stomach tomato based things especially spaghetti bolognaise, but you mentioning tomato juice has made me think hmmm.

I've gone off tomato based stuff too...

Hi Kim

i have a whole list of things. I didnt really go off anything with my 2nd but this time theres loads of things.

x

Im addicted to fruits ately now, peaches, oranges and grapes particullarly (even tho the grapes give me a bad stomach, lol) Im also loving tomatoes, dont think i have eaten so much before, fresh tomatoes or tinned, im not fussy.

bec x

I can't stomach fruit or veg, I only ever want bad things like pizza and crisps I feel such a failure I can't even get my diet right... :cry:

lol, hun ur not a failure :roll: i d o go thro the binge on aload of crappy food stages. God knows how many chips i had the oher day, and im sure i ate a whole angel cake to myself yesterday (IM JUST GONNA TELL MYSELF THAT PPL WERE EATIN IT WEN I WASNT LOOKIN THO, LOL, SO IT LOOKED LIKE I ATE IT MYSELF)

Dont think your a failure, cos ur definately not. :lol:
Hey put tomatoes and pineapple on ur pizza, ur gettin ur fruit then, lol.

bec x x

Yeah I did that the other day but still thought it was a bit of a cheat lol. All I've wanted for the last few days is pizza, I'm finding it hard to eat anything else, although it's not so much a craving, it's just that I've gone off everything else!!

My diet just gets me down because I know how important it is to eat healthily but after giving up drinking and smoking (very hard but no lapses) I find that eating is the only pleasure I get lol!!!

I wouldn worry to much, at least u have given up smoking and drinking, which is more than i can say. :oops: Well i have given up drinking all ogther, ut smoking, i gotta say im stuggeling, and i know its wrong and i feel so guilty, but ill get there eventually. Ive cut down, which still aint goos enuf. So i betta get my butt in to gear and quit now, lol. :shock:

Howd did u quit so easily.

bec x x

I was really lucky I just went off them 2 days before my missed AF. I didn't think anything of it at the time because I had the worst hangover from my OH birthday party and hangovers always put me off cigs. Since I found out I was PG I haven't even wanted one, the thought and the smell makes me heave!! Also I used to smoke more when I was drinking but I'm not drinking now so that probably helps.

yeah i am finding lately that wen i smoke im feelin a bit sick, and dont smoke no where near as much, cos it makes me feel sick, its great that u gave up so easy. I thought it would be hard to stop drinkin cos i used to drink alot, now i dnt even bother me wen i pop to the pub with the girls and sit there with my orqange juice and lemonade, only thing part from water that dnt make me feel ill.

bec x x

Me too, I drank A LOT when TTC, far too much really, but I just gave up like that, I don't even want a drink.

Me either, it doesnt bother me not drinkin in the slightest, the way i think is that after ive had the baby two double vodkas and ill be wrecked, wot a cheap night. It would make a hugh change because it takes me alot now to get drunk, i used to drink loads, i was well in to my sociallising.

hi

When i was pregnant with my first i was addicted to mushroom pizzas. couldnt get enough of them.

xx

Hi

Message for Kim: Kim was reading your post on the 'fruit' topic and was glad to see someone else talking about drinking and smoking. I found I was pregnant last friday - tried to stop smoking (as many other times in the past!) finally went docs who said I could try the patches - hoping they work this time - its not as if I have a valid enough reason!) - thing is also missing my wine too - I feel awful about this cos Im soooo excited about being pregnant - but am so used to having a couple of glasses of wine after work (everyday - which I know isnt good anyway - but it used to really chill me out after a stressful day at work), so of course now Im having to stop eveything - and to be truthful I feel quite crap (I know my hormones are going crazy) just wondered if you have any advice? I guess its because I've lived my life as I want for so long and now Im finding it hard to give up - even though I've got this wonderful thing growing inside me - which makes me feel 10 times worse - any useful tips would be appreicated

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back