Frozen embryo transfer

lisey

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a very old member. We ttc for five years and had our now 3 year old as a result of IVF. We have one frozen embryo and we are thinking of using this year.
I was wondering if anyone could explain the process? Are there drugs involved or done on a natural cycle?
Any info appreciated :)

Oh my gosh, Lisey!! Hi!! I of course remember you :) Sending lots of love and luck your way.

Hi Lisey, I remember you too!
Can't give any tips or advice but I hope you get pregnant fast! FX!x

I just wanted to pop in and say Hi Lisey, I had to make a new account as couldn't remember my old one. My old account name was Charlie. I sent you the charm many years ago when I had my successful Ivf. I'm trying naturally now but lots of issues so I don't hold much hope!

So happy to see you finally had your little miracle ❤️ x

Hi Lisey!

That's a coincidence. I'm also an old member and rarely log in anymore. Just came on here as I'm in the middle of my first FET cycle. I froze three 5-day embryos in December. This is how it's gone so far...

From day 1 of my period I've taken 2mg Progyluton (estradiol) every 8 hours. I went for a scan yesterday (day 14) to check I'm not ovulating and to measure my womb lining. That was 9mm - apparently all good. From tomorrow (day 16) I'll add a Progesterone pessary 3 times daily (oh joy). Day 21 is the insemination, which I understand is pretty much the same as IUI - they just stick it up there with a catheter.

I was expecting this bit to be really easy compared to the egg collection phase, but actually the estradiol is giving me horrible headaches. Hopefully I can get them under control by improving my diet, sleeping more etc. If I get pregnant they've said I'll stay on the hormones for the whole first trimester. Going to search the forum now to see if anyone has tips.

How's it going for you? Have you started yet?

Good luck on your journey, fingers crossed

OMG Lisey. Good luck!! I’ve logged in today for the first time in well over a year and I saw your username and did a little dance inside!!

Hey ! Another old timer here ! How lovely
to see your news ! So happy for for you ☺️

good luck with the FET I will be following xx

Hi I had my baby with FET. Its much less stressful than a fresh round. I didnt do it naturally we used medication. Happy to talk you through it all x

I just wanted to pop in and say Hi Lisey, I had to make a new account as couldn't remember my old one. My old account name was Charlie. I sent you the charm many years ago when I had my successful Ivf. I'm trying naturally now but lots of issues so I don't hold much hope!

So happy to see you finally had your little miracle ❤️ x

Hi.
Sorry this is such a late reply. Life got in the way and I forgot to log back in!
I remember you and I remember the charm ❤ I hope it happens for you soon x

Hi I had my baby with FET. Its much less stressful than a fresh round. I didnt do it naturally we used medication. Happy to talk you through it all x

That would be amazing. I think we will be medicated as my cycles are not regular anymore.

If you don't mind me asking, roughly how much were the drugs? She told me on the phone today to factor in arou d £1000. I was surprised. I didn't think woild be that much.

And also, congrats x

Hey ! Another old timer here ! How lovely
to see your news ! So happy for for you ☺️

good luck with the FET I will be following xx

Thanks so much. We will likely start in the next couple of months x

OMG Lisey. Good luck!! I’ve logged in today for the first time in well over a year and I saw your username and did a little dance inside!!

So nice to see your name too x I hope you're well x

Hows it going??

We are going for an FET end of next month .... x

Hi @lisey!
So cool to see all the old members here :)
Good luck to you and to everyone <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back