Front facing baby sling

Fluffy Bunny

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a nice comfy sling that will allow me to wear Evie on my front but forward facing (ie with her back to my chest)

I currently use a babyhawk which I love (you might know because I harp on about it enough :) ) but as Evie sleeps less while shes being worn she is getting fustrated with not being able to see whats going on - I should have called her Mrs Mangle :lol: I do use the babyhawk for a back carry but miss not being able to see her or interact with her without cricking my neck.

Any ideas?

My DD is only 4.5 months old, but I use a kari-me for forward facing carrying and she loves it. The weight is distributed well and we're both happy. I'd really recommend the kari-me (you can back carry or tummy2tummy too) or the moby, which I think is similar but slightly cheaper.

Let us know what you get FluffyBunny!

Valentine Xxx

Just like to second what valentine said, i have a moby and wear Freya both ways, it is really comfy.

Mmmm :think: the kari me looks good, thats the type of thing. I'm just a bit concerned about the fabric, it looks kind of stretchy and wonder if Evie will be a bit heavy for it? I like her to be held snug against me rather than bouncing around, makes for more comfortable walking :D

I have to disagree with the previous posters im afraid. I got your pm and i wouldnt recommend a stretchy wrap with 22lb LO. The wraps might market themselves as being an up to 35lb carrier but they aren't. Its not so much to do with the weight distribution, its more to do with how wiggle proof they are. Basically the more stretch a wrap has (and the moby has to much to start with in my opinion) the more chance your LO has of being able wriggle out of them one they become very active. Never underestimate the power of a bored baby lol.

I do agree you need to be looking at wrap though, they are by far the most versatile carrier on the market, i would recommend a good german weave wrap such as a Storchwieghe or Didymos. You would also be getting a great carrier with a Girasol or a Ellaroo wrap although these are thinner than the storch or didy they are very very supportive. My personal favourite is the storch, its easier to break in than a didy and its really supportive and very forgiving if you are new to wrapping. Because its thicker than say a Girasol you are less likely to end up with pressure points.

One thing i sort of feel compelled to add is please be aware that the facing forward carrys are not the safest carrys for long length use but are fine for short lengths of time.

Hope that helps. :D

I had a kari-me which was mazing whilst Sam was small. I tried to use it to travel to Toulouse with him when he was six months old and I found it stretched too much. He had slid down to my knees by the time we got through passport control :roll:

I am using Close baby sling (www.closebabycarrier.com) and I think that's propbably the best baby 'thing' we've bought! It is made of organic cotton and you can carry your baby in five different positions, including facing front. She really likes it too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back