From moses basket to cot tonight..any tips?

positivity :)

Reaction score
i know two of our princess's have done this in the past few days but just wondered if anyone had any tips?? i've just tried to put Will in his cotbed and he's having none of it at the moment :(

xx

Last edited:
Fin didn't even realise he was in it the first time til he was awake as he was punch drunk from feeding and half asleep when I put him in. Is it in the same place as his Moses basket? Have u used the blanket etc from the Moses basket? Good luck Hun xxx

yeah its in the same place as the moses basket and i will use the same blankets. I always put him down asleep so hoping he won't know the difference but when i put him in a while ago half asleep he sort of startled himself awake as his arms and feet had so much space! xx

If it doesn't work tonight try his naps in the daytime maybe?

hmm i'm not sure, my LO went in no probs (eldest LO) but she was alot older & it was from a small crib into big cot.

What about what pinky princess done, & put the sheet from moses basket into cot?

Good luck

:)

i found Issac slept really well in his cot but he wears a sleeping bag and no blankets over him.

I used to roll a blanket up and put it above his head and slot it inbetween the gaps so it wouldnt move in his rocking crib and ive done the same in his cot but i have him lie at the top and not feet to foot but only because he doesnt have any sheets over him.

Good luck
x

Tyler spent half his night in his cot the other in bed with me but I was tired at that point and thought id be better of getting some sleep so I have the energy to be stricter tonight!

Maybe try putting the basket in the cot tonight so he gets use to the openness at the top then remove the basket??? Sorry Thomas went in fine as he likes space and still does xx

Good luck :good: I haven't really got any tips to offer, l/o was fab at going in his cot. New sheets, different room, different cot! No problem for him at all. He was getting annoyed with the basket he was in and I think he likes the space. He went in it 10 mins ago and is sound asleep already. My plan was to put the basket in the cot if he hadn't taken to it well x

we put the basket in the cot, a week later i don't think she noticed the difference.

We also put the basket in the cot first,think we did that for two weeks.

Morning ladies. Well we have success :yay: we put Will in his cot at 10:15pm and he slept through to 6am :yay: normally he will go through til 7am but one hour earlier isn't bad considering! Just need to work out how to put him down while awake next.....! Xx

He wakes up and won't go down I'll feed him to sleep and as soon as I move him or put him down he's awake!!

I don't know! It might be because there is a longer journey from feed to cot iykwim. We might need to look into getting a chair or something! We just don't have room!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back