From Breast to Beaker

minikins

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Just wondered if any of you are or have been in the same situation as me and what did you or will you do;

I have been breastfeeding since the beginning. Dom has never taken a bottle well and in the end I gave up and just love breastfeeding. However, time is moving on and he is feeding less as he is nearly weaned. I have heard that after six months it's not a good idea to bring a bottle into the mix if they have not used one ever or for yonks.

So how will I give him milk eventually?? He has a beaker of water that he takes a day, I guess I put milk in that.

What do you do?

My milk will run out one day and if he refuses to take a bottle and it's over the six months, what do you do?

I think I am being dippy but would like some advice.

hiya
I don't think using bottles after 6 months is wrong, I wouldn't dismiss the idea.
The avent magic cups are good, BUT they are quite hard to clean all inside the spout and the valves etc.
I tried all kids of cups when Mason was a baby and found the anyway-up-cup best for me.

Hi Minikins
I just bought one of those plain spout cups (has a push-down lid and spout has 3 holes). I think it was Tommee Tippee. My daughter used that for her milk from 6 months, dispite the fact that I still breastfed her whenever. Eventually, I heated her milk at night and she drank it from the cup lying down in bed.... had no probs.
Good luck
Emilia xx

Thanks guys, this was just the kind of info I needed.

Emilia - yes I use this cup and he is taking water from it so I think I will just eventually put milk in it when mine runs out.

I have an avent one too (got it free with the sterilizer) so will give that a whirl.

Any other tips would be great :)

hi, minikins - i have bought the same cup that layla said about and ewan gets on quite well with it. i have tried him with water but he doesn't like it - but has taken very watered down apple juice.
I bought him one of the no spill cups with the valve in - i can't remeber the make - but i tried to suck water through it :shock: i think it will go on to ebay or in the bin - how a 4 month old baby is supposed to suck that hard i'll never know!! as it says for 4 months and up i'm 29 and had difficulty!!

I almost said about the anyway up cup... at first when they are learning you need to poke a fork through to weaken the valve part a little bit :)

hope that helps!

Hypnorm said:
hi, minikins - i have bought the same cup that layla said about and ewan gets on quite well with it. i have tried him with water but he doesn't like it - but has taken very watered down apple juice.
I bought him one of the no spill cups with the valve in - i can't remeber the make - but i tried to suck water through it :shock: i think it will go on to ebay or in the bin - how a 4 month old baby is supposed to suck that hard i'll never know!! as it says for 4 months and up i'm 29 and had difficulty!!

PML, and I have asthma so there is no point in me trying it. Will keep you posted.

The last couple of days have been very hard he moans all day, not crying, just moaning noises and is wanting constant attention like when he was very tiny, I am tired and feel like crying again. I know it will get better, but I have not had a couple of crap days in a row like this before, maybe I am spoilt?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back