'Friends' doing my head in...

twinkle90

Reaction score
I rather no friends than fake smug friends tbh. They havent spoken to me since i annouced the pregnancy. A group of them went out a few weeks a go and didnt ask me cuz they thought it would be too much for me. A long day out etc. not one of them has asked how my pregnancy is going. Or how im getting on. I kniw my life will change when the baby is here. But all i ask for is support! And theyve just turned their back on me and my OH. My OH is or was best friends with his one friend for 10 years. And even the friend has turned his back. They even had the cheek to say thst basically you wont have time for a social life or time for friends. How do they know if they are just pushing me out. It does upset me but im more angry than anything and even got to the point were id rather have no friends if they are gonna act like that. I was even gonna ask one of the couple as godparents but thats not happening now.
We went out for a meal with them about a month ago none bar one spoke to us, asked how things were going with baby etc. Im sick to the back teeth of them now...even my OH has suggested going to the Ante Natal Classes when the time comes. To meet new people and potential friends.

Sorry for the rant, but it sickens me how people change when a circumstance changes for the better in my eyes. Xxxx

Yeah - that's not friends imo. I think OH is right -which is what I'm worried about. None of my friends have kids or their kids are my age/grown up!

My bestie always tells me 'you'll know who your true friends are when it matters most'. She's spot on. True friends don't ignore you or turn their backs when something changes. x

Have you let them know how you feel? Are they parents themselves any of them? If not maybe they just don't understand? I had my first daughter young and this happened to me until I told my pals how I felt they just didn't understand is all.. I'd say let them know how your feeling see if there's an improvement if not then your better off without them x

None of them are parents. But one of them had a kid adopted. I do think its out of pure envy or jealousy. I have told them that i dont want things to change just cuz im pregnant. But they made the change havent they. By ignoring me etc. If it carries on i may have to ask them whats going on tbh.
The friends made up of two couples as well. The guys went snow boarding to an indoor thing the girls just watched and gossiped etc. Bit i wasnt invited. Because it was a long day and an expensive trip out etc. Makes me feel im not capable.

Well the ones that got theirs adopted it may be hard for them... Yes they made their decision but doesn't make it an easy one.. I honestly think you should just say something like " I know you think you were looking out for me by not inviting me but honestly it upset me I'd rather recive an invite and have to turn it down if it wasn't right for some reason than not recive one..." honestly some people do just need things spelling out for them give it a go at the end of the day what u got too lose? x x

They sound pretty selfish and immature! And probably jealous. Not very good friends at all!!
Most of my friends live far away and I've had the same thing with them arranging things without me, it hurts. Mine have all had children already. I think it'll help you to meet people in a similar situation. I'm hoping I will at antenatal classes.
Try not to let it get you down. Hopefully they'll come round but if they don't, stuff 'em!! Xx

Well the ones that got theirs adopted it may be hard for them... Yes they made their decision but doesn't make it an easy one.. I honestly think you should just say something like " I know you think you were looking out for me by not inviting me but honestly it upset me I'd rather recive an invite and have to turn it down if it wasn't right for some reason than not recive one..." honestly some people do just need things spelling out for them give it a go at the end of the day what u got too lose? x x

The guy who got his adopted was years a go. And is in a new relationship now. I didnt know the girl who got it adopted either. It doesnt give him the right to bring me down because of a choice he made. Think i will say something tbh. Its not a nice situation ive been put in. Xxx

I actually cant wait for Ante Natal classes. Itll be nice to meet new people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back