friends baby passed away do i send flowers

Positive37

Reaction score
i wasnt sure where to post this question, some of you know the story as i posted in pregnancy and loss but i wont go into it here, not fair

but long and short of it is that friends lost baby the day before due date and funeral is tomorrow

i havent spoken to her , her husband has been texting and he called my boyfriend last week to say that they will be off radar for a while and she doesnt want to be around anyone pregnant, i am due in 2 weeks

i feel useless that i cant speak to her etc, but we want to send flowers this week, i want them to know they are in our thoughts

what flowers would u send?? pink roses? they lost a little girl??

just feels such a sensitive subject .

I would send something like a bouquet. Pink Roses, white chrysanthemums, white carnations and pink Gerbera or something along those lines xx

I would send a pink and white bouquet with a card with a little message on it, let her know you're thinking of her and understand why she can't be around u right now x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

Sending some flowers is a lovely idea. Personally I'd avoid anything pink in light of the situation, especially whilst they are grieving. xxx

Hope u dont mind me sayin but white roses are a symbol of purity and innocence maybe a bouqeut of white roses with one pink one in the centre xx

Ahhh yes thank u..a pink bouquet could be too much. They had white roses with ivy...its a tough one I do not want to cause any upset or distress but I also cant sit back and not send anything. ...thank u for replying xx

A white bouquet of roses would be simple & beautiful, id go with that xx

White sounds perfect. You are a very thoughtful friend. xxx

I just. Cant imagine what they going through. I only met her last year as we were both going through ivf together. Took her 3times to get it right she is 41 this year and I feel guilty that we.are having a little girl in 2 weeks and their lives are shattered xx

I just. Cant imagine what they going through. I only met her last year as we were both going through ivf together. Took her 3times to get it right she is 41 this year and I feel guilty that we.are having a little girl in 2 weeks and their lives are shattered xx

Hun, that is such a normal thing to feel, but you can't torture yourself.

Just be there if she needs you, be a friend like you are and they can begin to heal from this awful thing that has happened to them. x

thats a really lovely idea - not something I would do right now its too soon. we are not close close friends only known her a year - i feel that i need to be so sensitive as i am due in 2 weeks and havnig a girl too
xxx

her husband has rang to say they are off the radar she doesnt want to speak to anyone wont return texts so we are giving them space and even harder that i am pregnant too...
we sent some lovely white flowers today

her husband has rang to say they are off the radar she doesnt want to speak to anyone wont return texts so we are giving them space and even harder that i am pregnant too...
we sent some lovely white flowers today

It's such a difficult thing. My mum and dad lost their baby a couple of days after he was born. I was talking to mum about it the other day. They wanted people to acknowledge the death and to say sorry. But lots of people were too scared to talk to them. It's so hard though. Noone can ever understand unless you've been through it yourself. I wouldn't have a clue what to say to someone :-(

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

thanks Giz and awful what your parents went through

they have made it pretty clear they are off the radar and she wants space, as i said ive text but he replied not her.
i totally understand as i am due in a week its too close to home

we sent flowers hopefully they got them..will be very careful not to announce our birth to them too soon.. its a tough one its very hard to know what to do/say xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back