Friend with Tummy bug.

l_maclean

Reaction score
Needing a bit of advice girlies

One of my best mates is home from Poland for christmas - she goes back on the 30th.

For various reasons I've not managed to see her for at least a year, and its always awkward trying to get together.

Im driving down to my parents tomorrow (3hours away) - and i sent her a text tonight to see when she wanted to meet up ( she usually has family rounds to do etc.) and it turns out her whole family has had a really bad stomach bug - her little sister was in hospital with it last night.

She's hoping she'll be feeling better by thurs (shes meant to fly back to poland really early friday morning)

I really really want to see her - but is it stupid to risk catching this at 30weeks pregnant??

xxx

Tummy bugs are highly infectious, hence her sister having the same thing, I think if I were in your position I would stay away :(

I know their highly contaigous - im still swithering. Mostly because ive been exposed to norovirus for the last 2 years - the first time on a bus trip and i was one of only 4 to have no symptoms, and next time through my work, and i had the mildest does, and was first to be able to go back to work.

i know my immune systems lowered now - but its always been pretty good.

But im not sure if thats me just trying to convince myself its safe iykwim. xxx

Hard decision isn't it, well my one bit of advice being a nursy nurse would be to meet her away from her home or wherever she's staying, so there's less chance of picking up bugs from around the place. But we don't realise how much we touch each other and each others things until we try not to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back