Freezing breast milk when baby has a bad tummy

SARAHSTAR

Reaction score
Morning all! Riley has had a bad tummy for a couple of days now - I took him to the doctors and he wasn't overly concerned, just said he might have a little bug or something. The question I have is should I be saving and freezing my breast milk at the moment in case there's something in it that's causing him to have a funny tummy? I wanted to have a little supply so it makes things easier over Christmas when I have a house full of people, but I'm wondering if it will cause him to be poorly again iykwim?

I doubt it's your milk that's causing it hun, very little of what we have gets into our milk, I would keep it!!

Maybe label it so I know if it upsets lo when u use it then yes u will know to chuck it but really I wouldn't think it would be your milk :) x

As Twinkles said I doubt it is the milk Hun. It is packed with antibodies.

The labelling idea is a great idea.at least that way you will know if it is the milk causing it.

Xx

Thanks girls, it's so hard to know what to do for the best! I've labelled the storage bags so I know which ones are which - was hoping to save them so I can have a cheeky glass of bubbly at Christmas! ;)

Riley seems fine in himself, it's just his tummy that seems a bit dodgy. Have either of your little ones had the same problem? x

Yes! Since expressing I have had a few problems! Think its because now I'm producing too much milk so lo is eating to fast and getting a bad belly! I'm trying to burp her more often and that seems to help! Also expressing less up try calm my supply! Can't bloody win! All for a nice few wines at Xmas which we prob won't even feel like!!!! X

Yep! I have oversupply issues, too much foremilk in my right breast which is C's favoured breast. It causes him to be unsettled and gassy.

How old is your LO Hun?

Xx

Kk do u give lo anything to help?? I haven't be seriously considering getting something to keep to hand just in case, it not a daily thing thank god! Lo is 6 weeks so not sure if its just an age thing! X

Kk do u give lo anything to help?? I haven't be seriously considering getting something to keep to hand just in case, it not a daily thing thank god! Lo is 6 weeks so not sure if its just an age thing! X

It's so tough at 6 weeks hub because there digestive systems are so immature the poor things struggle so much. C is 13 weeks now so it has got much better but we used to give C infacol which really helped wind him.

It will get better though xx

It seems to happen once or twice a week so know its not colic but sometimes after 3 hours if there was something to give her that would help then I think I would reach for it!!!!

Good to know it gets better tho, I'm sure like u say its there little bellies getting used to it! They were so happy and content on our bellies then wham! Welcome to the world of hunger, wind and poo!!!! X

It seems to happen once or twice a week so know its not colic but sometimes after 3 hours if there was something to give her that would help then I think I would reach for it!!!!

Good to know it gets better tho, I'm sure like u say its there little bellies getting used to it! They were so happy and content on our bellies then wham! Welcome to the world of hunger, wind and poo!!!! X

I know!! She could just be struggling to digest hun. Have you tried gripe water. Xx

No but I'm happy to!!

I read some things take a few days to work so that's no good because I want something that settles her there and then, it doesn't happen enough to give something at every feed, if that makes sense!x

Yeah same with C, we only give him gripe water as needed though so it may be worth a try.... If you do get a syringe though, much easier than a spoon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back