Freezer meals

Fermerswife

Reaction score
36 weeks and starting maternity leave on Friday woo hoo!

This time round I'm having a c/s so am wanting to make life easier once baby is here. So does anyone have any good ideas for freezer meals? I know the normal lasagne etc but I've seen a few things online for dump bags you throw into your slow cooker but I'm always a bit dubious as had a few bad experiences with online recipes in the past. So any recommendations gratefully received!

What sort of foods do you usually eat? Can they be made in bulk and frozen for another meal?

We've got some curry, chilli and sausage casserole in our freezer and I might put a bolognese sauce in there soon too. That way all we have to do is defrost and then reheat while boiling some pasta,rice or potatoes.

I've also planned a few quick and easy meals that can be made pretty much from the store cupboard eg pasta with passata and some garlic & herb cream cheese stirred in. My OH will take over all the cooking when baby comes, but the less time he needs to spend in the kitchen the better!

Hi I'm tri hopping, but with my first I made bolognese, shepherds pie, pasta bake, vegetable and bean chilli (to avoid yet more mince) curry and sausage casserole.

Would have been fantastic if the freezer hadn't tripped out the week baby was born and defrosted everything!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back