Freezer Meals.

l_maclean

Reaction score
I know there was a thread about this a wee while ago, but i just wondered who was planning on stocking up their freezer for the few days after the birth, and what with??

Ive a few ideas but they are mostly just like casserole or stew - sausage, chicken or beef.

Thought maybe we could share ideas.

xxx

I stocked mine up with freezer meals and micro chips, the asda chosen by you ones are they 5 for £4

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk

i think i will be doin this as OH cant really cook and i dont want to end up eating take aways

going to do lasagne as that freezes really well maybe some chilli too. xx

Good idea for a thread!
Yes, I plan on stocking up the freezer with some home made goodies! My fridge freezer is knackered though, so I've ordered a new one - due to be delivered Friday... Very excited as never had a new fridge freezer! :). Then hopefully the weekend will be spent cooking!
I don't eat meat, but do eat fish, so going to make a few batches of fish pie, some veggie sausage casserole, a couple of nut loaves... Haven't thought any further than that...

I am going to do stews, chilli, spaghetti Bol, cottage pie, fish pie etc I'm going to double up on any meals that freeze ok over the next 4 weeks so that we will have a couple of frozen meals of each to go at after I get out of hospital. I'm going to buy the foil trays and use those. I'm going to buy a couple of microwave ready meals for my DH so he has something in to eat when I'm in hospital but hoping I won't be in long.

Last edited:
Its such a good idea to do this. Don't leave it too late like I did. Everything kicked off a week or so earlier than expected for me and I was caught out. DH has been doing the catering since bubs was born because I have had a some issues. Unfortunately this means I have been presented with either toast or a sandwich for nearly every meal. I am sick of the sight of bread!

I've made a pot of soup today, and its stew for tea tonight, so thinking the extra will go in the freezer. xxx

My dh does all the cooking in our house so this is one less thing for me to worry about... Yay!! :) x

I'm not gonna worry my OH can cook and shop so won't have to do anything. lol. x

I have chilli that my SIL made me - I wanted food made instead of presents :) OH will make dinners but these are put into single portion bags and are for my lunches - don't want to reach for biscuits etc to fill me if I am tight on time - I am going to make myself stew, soup, cottage pie and some oat bars and healthy deserts so I have things to grab.

My dh does all the cooking in our house so this is one less thing for me to worry about... Yay!! :) x

Alright for some. lol.

My OH's cooking extends to scrambled egg on toast, or baked potatoes. lol

Anything else ends up as charcoal.

xx

I have been stock piling for the last few weeks bought a load of mince and we did a spag bol, a cottage pie, a chilli and a minced beef pie, also bought a load of jackets in asda whilst it was cheap baked them off and froze them, made a huge fish pie, stock piled on bread and rolls for if I can't get out of the house things like pizza aswell are always a good idea as they are quick in the oven x

I've heard the best thing to do is to make more than what you need at the moment for an evening dinner, and then freeze some of that.

This is the best thing to do, however I'm not worring about making any extra meals, as my OH enjoys cooking and cooks quite well, and also we still live with my parents so have them on hand too :) xx

ive been making soups for lunchtimes and stews and cottage pie meat mix to have with potatoes at tea time. im also going to make a curry. are kidney beans ok to to be frozen and reheated then?

ive been making soups for lunchtimes and stews and cottage pie meat mix to have with potatoes at tea time. im also going to make a curry. are kidney beans ok to to be frozen and reheated then?

yeah hun they are fine as long as they are thoroughly re heated! x

ooops.....ive thrown out loads that have just gone to waste sitting in the fridge and being forgotten about....will start freezing them from now on!

i was never realy into freezing meals, mainly cos im so greedy no matter how uch i cook i end up eating it all lol

anyway im planning on doing some for the first few weeks after lo is born, for the likes of spag bol n lessagne do you need to fully defrost or can you cook from frozen?

We stocked up but only actually had freezer meals once on the night we came home and haven't had one since. I've somehow managed to make a proper meal every night since Sophie has been here except the first night and one Friday takeaway night. As a newborn Sophie seems to sleep quite a lot so it gave me perfect chance to get everything prepped and started, it's the actual eating that's the hard part which is the same whether it be freezer food or proper food. X

Saying that though I do make sure that there's stuff in the freezer that means I don't have to go to the supermarket as much such as meat and already chopped frozen onions.
Does that count as freezer meals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back