Free Rice

Xena

Reaction score
This is a word game which will help stop world hunger.

http://www.freerice.com/

For each word you get right,you will donate 10 grains of rice to the united nations to end world hunger.

i don't understand these things, why dont they just give them rice anyways?

Sweetcheeks24 said:

From the FAQ on the site:

If FreeRice has the rice to give, why not give it all away right now?

FreeRice is not sitting on a pile of rice―you are earning it 10 grains at a time. Here is how it works. When you play the game, advertisements appear on the bottom of your screen. The money generated by these advertisements is then used to buy the rice. So by playing, you generate the money that pays for the rice donated to hungry people.

I've just done 200 and stopped cos it's hurting my brain. Is 200 enough for a small bowl of rice dyu reckon? My intelligence earnt a kid a meal :) sweeeeet ... never thought I'd say that

I donated 200 grains then it wouldnt let me donate anymore. My vocab level is 30- is that good or bad :?

i've done 280.. ill do some more later cos it makes your eyes hurt staring at all them words lol

natalie&jake said:
I donated 200 grains then it wouldnt let me donate anymore. My vocab level is 30- is that good or bad :?

mines 16 :oops: :oops:
:rotfl:

Xena said:
Sweetcheeks24 said:

From the FAQ on the site:

If FreeRice has the rice to give, why not give it all away right now?

FreeRice is not sitting on a pile of rice―you are earning it 10 grains at a time. Here is how it works. When you play the game, advertisements appear on the bottom of your screen. The money generated by these advertisements is then used to buy the rice. So by playing, you generate the money that pays for the rice donated to hungry people.

ooh thank you for answering.. guess that makes sense :D

I feel sorry for the poor bugger sat there counting out all that rice 10 grains at a time.

I now have eye ache and brain ache! :)

Its kind of addictive, I kept thinking one more oh I know this one so one more, oh I don't know this one and need to have a go to find out...... :D

690 grains, vocab 41 and eyestrain - hope someone enjoys their dinner :D

Donated 1540 grains, vocab 47. I'll have to go to bed now, it's knackered me!! :rotfl:

I just did another 300... that's someone's brekkie

I'm on vocab 35 btw

Please try again. Your donation
total is 1130 grains of rice.

think that will do for now :) :cheer:

wow that was harder than i thought it would be! i donated 200 grains then it cleared my plate and said try again :? did i do it right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back