Freddie 16/03/13

Nutsyputs

Reaction score
Here we go ladies, bear with me as its long!

on Wednesday 13/03/13 sat at mums having a cup of tea and felt a "twinge" and then another and then another and thought finally things are happening as i was 7 days over at this point. Rang hospital and they asked me to time contractions and ring back in an hour which we did contraction were about 7 mins apart. Rang back and they asked about movement and that's when i realised Freddie hadn't moved very much that day. Asked to go to hospital and be monitored. Put on CTG Freddie's movements erratic so had to be monitored for longer. Finally taken off CTG when midwife said I was having "twinges". Doctor decide to do sweep whilst there and induce me on Friday and had to go back on Thursday to go on CTG again.

Thursday 14/03/13. By the time i'd got contractions had completely stopped so looked like induction was only way baby was going to come! lost a lot of plug. went back to hospital and put back on CTG Freddie being lazy so had to walk around hospital and have a coffee, put back on CTG Freddie now AWAKE! Got home and started feeling a bit off colour but put it down to busy couple of days so went to bed early. Got a few hours sleep and woke up to more twinges.

Friday 15/03/13 1am contractions started again and much stronger than wednesday. Decided to get in bath so not to disturb OH. Lay in bath until 0430 and though these aren't easing and are getting closer together about 4-5mins so woke hubby up who rang hospital. Hospital advised staying at home and having some breakfast and ringing in an hour or when contractions were 3mins apart. Hubby went to get some breakfast, by the time he came back contractions were 3mins apart and closer at times. Hubby rang hospital and got told to go in. Got to hospital put back on CTG and checked 5cm dilated, finally Freddie's on his way!
Moved into delivery room. I had some paracetamol and codiene at this point. Checked again at 12pm and 7cm. Moved over to midwife led birthing unit as Freddie's heart rate and movements normal and i wanted a water birth. Got into pool which was lovely. Contractions started slowing down midwife though i was in transsion so checked again, still 7cm. Midwife broke my waters to see if this would get things moving. A this point i was getting tired so had gas and air (which was amazing!). Checked again at 6pm and still 7cm! Freddies heart rate a bit high so put back on CTG. As I hadnt progressed since 12pm I was taken back to delivery suit to be monitored more closely. Doctors decided to put me on hormone to see if that would get things moving again. At this point i was so tired so decided to have epidural, epidural put in. After half hour didnt feel any relief so doctor put another one in which also didnt work. At the same time hormone drip put up so contaction on top of each. G&A just not cutting it anymore! Checked again and no change to cervix's! Doctors decided time to have C-Section as Freddies heart rate becoming erratic. This bit seemed to happen very quickly to me but hubby says it took about 2hours. Anyway taking to theater giving a spinal block due to epidurals not working. Finally some relief! Finally Freddie was born at 0042 weighing a healthy 10lbs. Freddie had got his head in awkward position in my pelvis and that's why i hadn't progressed past 7cm.

I recovered fairly quickly after c-section and would have happily gone home the next day but Freddie was tongue tied and struggling to latch. Tongue tie was cut whilst in hospital and now breatfeeding with no problems. I was impressed with the support whilst in hospital and can't fault the care I got.

So thank you for bearing with me and hope haven't bored you to death.

I would add a photo but every time i try its says photo upload failed.

Last edited:
Awww sounds very exhausting! Congratulations and well done for doing so well xx

Congratulations! Well done xx

Still practicing on the new phone.....

Congratulations! I love his name too. I used to have the same problem uploading photos. Now I open them up in paint and resize them and that usually works as it's generally because the photos are to big x

Tapatalking so can't see sigs or click thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back