Freaking out from the dentist

Redbootz

Reaction score
I had my dental and hygienist appointment today, I said I was pregnant and they already knew and said I wasn't sure about laying down on back even though only 18 weeks but seriously I was on my back for 20 to 25 mins and I felt the baby move the biggest movement I have felt and then nothing I am so freaking out that blood flow and oxygen had stopped getting to the baby? I have tried to call the midwife but I swear she will think I'm a crazy person for worrying so much.

Hey, I think you'll be alright lying on your back - when I was heavily pregnant with DD I could only sleep on my back - of course lying on your front is a big no but I think you'll be okay - however of course if you're worried you should always call your midwife for some reassurance xxx

Hi,

I work in a dental surgery and we have plenty of pregnant ladies in every week (early and late stages) who can sometimes be in the chair for up to 40 minutes.

Unless you have been told by your midwife or doctor to refrain from laying for long periods of time, i wouldn't worry too much.

Take care

Dannii x

I couldn't get hold of the midwife, but like you say I'm sure it is fine I haven't been told not to it's only what I have read in literature saying that you shouldn't lay on your back and I felt I was quite flat. Just another one of many moments of panic! I'm driving the husband crazy I think!

I really wouldn't worry I still have night where I fall asleep on my side and wake on my back. It's more to do when your heavily pregnant baby is still small at 18 weeks.

Lying on your back can affect the blood flow to the placenta but it isn't something to worry about for short periods of time. The advice is not to purposely sleep on your back but don't worry if it accidentally happens from time to time. You'll be fine xx

I always wake up on my back, even with pregnancy pillows. I wouldn't worry about a half hour in dentist's chair.

Lying on your back for 29 Minutes is totally fine. Sometimes when I'm having a slow movement day (anterior placenta) I lie on my back for 15 minutes because baby always moves around when I do.

I had an hour facial last week lying on my back baby was kicking loads but all is fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back