freaking myself out...

MrsCK

Reaction score
..watching One Born Every Minute

I've never watched it before but obviously knew what it was about. god only knows why I decided to watch it today...I can't believe I'm going to have to do that again. after 18 years I had definitely forgotten the labour stage and only remember the good things about having a baby...well this has just given me a huge reality check lol

I don't watch it very often and have only watched like 6 episodes since I've found out that I'm expecting and have been fine but last night me and OH watched one and all 3 women were screamers and omg I just turned to him and was like WTF have I gotten myself in to? I cried to him that I didn't want to do it lmao!

So yeah, right there with you!!

Last edited:
hahaha the one I'm watching now has a screamer on it...it's making me cross my legs and squirm lol

I'm addicted to watching it, and any other baby programmes I can find. I'll be having a c-section though, so I know what I'm in for.

I watched it before I had my first. Then I had my first and realised what they go through!!!! Now I dont want to remind myself so refuse to watch anything like that!!

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

Totally refusing to go there right now! I'd rather be abit ignorant for the time being!

I've been watching it for a while.. I'm pregnant with my first.. I still feel very naive, like that wk t be me haha

Xx

I couldn't watch it. One of my friends was hooked when she was pregnant but to be honest I would rather be ignorant and deal with the pain etc when I have to. :) x

I watched it with both mine, good preparation :) I always cry when the baby is born! X

Lol, I love this show, it is my fave programme by far! Weirdly it doesn't scare me at all though lol x

I watched it last year when expecting my daughter loved it

i loved it when i was preg last time, this time i still watch it when its on repeats lol, my experience of labour wasnt half as dramatic as most of the ones on the show and i didnt find it unbearably painful so its not scary at all now

Remember mind everyone's birth experiance is different and a hypnobirth style or birth pool with no noise and calmness would not make good tv. I have seen several and often thinj the other halves on there are idiots and don't seem caring enough. That said editing too remember we did an excersise at antenatal class nct the other night stood still doing nothing for one minuite (average length of contraction) and was long long seemingly never ending time....then we tried using birth balls and had oh rubbing backs or massage breathing techniques etc and the minuite went quite quickly so perception of time and pain can vary too especially if you have something or someone to distract you I'm not saying it will be painless far from it just there now seems lots that you can do to make the birth a more positive experiance than even 5-10 yrs ago xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back