Freaking Dog!

merlin

Reaction score
Has anyone else experiencing strange behaviour from their furry friend?
My dog has been acting strange for the last week, has developed a strange fear in the car, she is clingy and generally unsettled and yappier than usual. Could be the heat or is she sensing the pregnancy.
Today even though it was boiling out she felt the need the cuddle up between my legs and kept resting her head on my tummy. She is deffo not herself!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373831117587.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373831117587.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 52
I looked after my friends daughter today and when bringing ger back home, i stood in the doorway and their dog had rested his nose on my stomach and hes never done that before. Did he sense the pregnancy? Xxx

Aw ww cute pic! I think my cat has been more clingy since being pregnant but may just be reading into it! I'm sure animals can sense these things though and know something different is going on! X

I think they can... My friend has 3 dogs and 1 of them is a boxer so fairy big!! normally they all jump up on me when I go in but this time they didnt and I had Dylan (the boxer) laying on the sofa next to me with his head on my belly... he wouldnt let any of the others near me!!

My cats havent really been much different... My snakes however have been a nightmare!! 2 of them in perticular I cant go anywhere near without them striking at me!!!

xxx

My dog just constantly stares at me the past few weeks! He doesn't want anything just looks. Think he's sensing something.
He's not overally cuddly though way too hot for him! X

My dogs the same, very quiet an cuddly with me but still full on puppy with everyone else. He won't leave my side either, I have a shower and his head pops round the flamin curtain!! Lol x

Wow, interesting, maybe they do know then! I wonder how they will react when our bubs are here? Mine is used to a 4 and 6 year old alternate weekends, things are going to be very different for her. Keep telling DH she can't come upstairs starting from now! Will he listen, no! She slept on our bed last night.....grrrrr!

Sent from my Nexus 7

I think they can sense things like this, it's been proven that dogs can smell cancer. My aunts dog is no different though still jumps up so I stay away think he's a bit wrong in the head though. X

Wow, interesting, maybe they do know then! I wonder how they will react when our bubs are here? Mine is used to a 4 and 6 year old alternate weekends, things are going to be very different for her. Keep telling DH she can't come upstairs starting from now! Will he listen, no! She slept on our bed last night.....grrrrr!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Ours sleeps in our bedroom but I couldn't imagine kicking him out now...It may also cause more proba when bubs here as feeling pushed out. I've just been to stay with a friend often with a 3day old baby and Loki (9month old Bedlington terrier) and he was brilliant, seemed to instantly know he couldn't jump up or be rough with him. He's just sit with his head on the bottom Of the bouncer if the baby was crying! Xx

My dog sleeps in his crate in the living room.. I have made new rules for him since I found out I was pregnant, so he doesn't associate the changes with the baby. He's not allowed in babies bedroom, he has to wait to be asked on sofa/bed for a tickle. When we eat he goes in his crate then gets a reward after for being good. I'm glad I never let him sleep in my room think the change would have been so hard for him. :)

Think the day I bring baby home ill let him sniff him/her then reward him with some new toys to play with & keep busy so fingers crossed he associates the new baby with that :) good idea? Or bad?
Xx

Mine are like that but then they have anways been like that. It maybe a mix of heat and your being pregnant, as they can hear the heartbeat

xx

Sent from my Nexus 7

Ours sleeps in our bedroom but I couldn't imagine kicking him out now...It may also cause more proba when bubs here as feeling pushed out. I've just been to stay with a friend often with a 3day old baby and Loki (9month old Bedlington terrier) and he was brilliant, seemed to instantly know he couldn't jump up or be rough with him. He's just sit with his head on the bottom Of the bouncer if the baby was crying! Xx

Our two sleeps in the bedroom with us, I wouldnt have it another way. Plus anything goes on in teh night we know about it straight away. They really good with childern two so we have no worries there :) we don't want them to feel pushed out either and if you treat them the same as before it shouldnt change a thing :) I think mine will love the fact I'll be at home everyday :)

xx

Sent from my Nexus 7

Our two sleeps in the bedroom with us, I wouldnt have it another way. Plus anything goes on in teh night we know about it straight away. They really good with childern two so we have no worries there :) we don't want them to feel pushed out either and if you treat them the same as before it shouldnt change a thing :) I think mine will love the fact I'll be at home everyday :)

xx

I'm a nanny so since bring pup home he's been surrounded by children which has done him the world of good! He's brilliant with them and I can't wait for him to meet bubs properly. I've never wanted a crate and though I should probably enforce new rules regarding sofas etc, I can't do it to him, he's our first baby and will be love just the same even when new one comes. I fully imagine he'll be up with me on night feed duty, keeping me company in the middle of winter! Xx

From the beginning I tried to be strong with ours and not let her upstairs over night. She was bought with the intent of her being a working terrier, hubby about once a week sneaks her upstairs and hides her under a blanket on the bed, she is hilarious and stays so still I have no idea she is there! I think it more unfair to let her have the odd night than to put her in the kitchen routinely. She has been totally spoilt, and spends most of evening on one of our laps. I am sure she will still get totally spoilt and still spend her evenings on the sofa with us once baby is here. And I hadn't even thought about the fact that I will be at home all day with her, she will deffo be much happier with the company during the day!

Sent from my Nexus 7

I got 5 dogs & 3 cats - None of them have noticed, only pay me attention when its dinner time lol

why do I get the daft ones?!

This is one of our jack Russell's, he is the mummies boy.

I think we all worry so much cause of all the bad reports there are on dogs and babies, but if you hear the real story it's the humans that are doing the wrong by leaving dogs and babies alone in the room or dressing baby up in teddy bear outfits when they give a teddy for the dog to play with. I trust my dogs to bits but would still never leave them alone with the baby I would never forgive myself if something happened.

Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 5
Ah gorgeous, I am a total sucker for terriers x love jacks, small dogs have such massive characters! I also trust mine, we have put masses of time into her and is brilliantly trained, but same as you chic would never leave her alone with baby, common sense!

Sent from my Nexus 7

I know it makes me angry when you read in paper dog kills baby but really it should be the owners put down or the people who leaves the baby alone with the dog! It really is jut common sense, but it happens so offen!

Xx

After commenting on this three just the other day, Loki decided last night he didn't want to lay next to me as usual but on me for cuddles!! Lol. Xx

I definitely think our pets can sense something! Since being pregnant my cat won't leave me alone. He's always been sweet but now he just wants to snuggle up to me all the time and lie on my stomach when i'm in bed! We tend to keep him downstairs at night but since its been so hot we've had the window open all night and we have a ledge just below it. Every night without fail he'll come through the window and just sleep at my feet! Just hope he doesn't get jealous when baby comes haha xx

P.s. you all have such cute pets in those pictures :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back