Fragmin

Emmam1982

Reaction score
Does anyone else have daily injections of fragmin?
Im concerned as my consultant said to stop it if I think I'm going into labour...well should I just stop it at 38 weeks? I'm scared of bleeding after the birth x

Hello Emma!
What is fragmin for? sorry no advice and not a clue what it does xxx

It's an anticoagulant, because I have a high bmi I have to inject every day to prevent blood clots.
I was supposed to take a similar drug with last baby but i declined it due to me been more active etc x

Ahh my midwife mentioned this but didn't know that is what it was called. She said although my BMI is high I shouldn't be at risk of blood clots, I wonder why its different for some people? I guess ask if you should stop taking it when you get further on in pregnancy xx

It was just weird as the consultant advised it but then said about stopping it if I thought I was going into labour but then they didn't show me how to administer or anything-just sent me home with a months supply of injections and a leaflet x

oh my god really??!?!?! no way would I be able to inject myself without knowing how to do it?! have you tried it?? xx

I'd done it about 5 times 5 years ago but they were self retracting syringes last time-these are proper pre filled needles. I've done the first weeks worth x

Well that is really very brave! I wouldn't be able to do it! xx

I'd give a ring to your Mw and ask their advice.

I had to inject myself last time because I had a c section - it's not too bad, but he dowe was wrong in mine so I actually had to empty some out to avoid overdose. It's just a pain bcause they make you bruise.

I didn't get told to take it during pregnancy this time or last time either... I think it's stupid tbh. I told them lAst time that it's not a person centred approach to care at all and its verging on an institutionalised approach.

I would call your consultant team or midwife to ask for advice.

In the hospital setting, we usually omit the day before a procedure as it has a relatively short acting life span.

I'll be taking it post C-section. Not much fun but rules out the bigger risk of clots.

Last edited:
I refused it last time because I was working in a physically demanding job until I was 36 weeks and so didn't see the need for it, this time I'm off sick so I took the offer of it as I'm obv at higher risk of clots from having a more sedentary lifestyle at the moment.
I've got a consultant appt in 2 weeks so il ask again then, I'm just worried that if I end up having a section etc then they'll be higher risk of haemorrhaging xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back