Fragmin injections

Crinkles90

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm just wondering if anyone has taken these injections during pregnancy and how this impacted your birth??

I am on them as a preventative measure rather than for treatment so have been told that I can go for a natural labour and should things turn south then I can have an injection into my back (not an epidural)

my concern is the potential blood loss after? I have had 3 natural deliveries with my youngest suffering shoulder dystocia with normal blood loss but this is the first time I have had to take these injections (I start them on sunday)

Yikes! I had to do fragmin injections when I was on 100% bedrest. During this time I had two surgeries and there were no problems with uncontrolled bleeding and I didn't notice any negative symptoms associated with the injections.

I didn't go through childbirth on the injections but I can imagine you are on the injection for a reason. Doctors have probably figured that the chances for you getting a clot is a greater risk to your health and the pregnancy than the risk of bleeding during labour. After baby is born they probably have protocol that'll help prevent bloodloss.

Has your doctor said anything about it?

-Sev

I'm on them numerous reasons, I'm 41 overweight & mum recently passed from pulmonary embolism so I'm high risk. I've been told if I go into labour not to do my injection that day. I had amnio & was same that day no injection but no other advice given x

They have an antidote for heparin! Is it heparin under brand name fragmin! I've heard of enoxiparin lovenox! Think antidote vit k jabs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back