Forum rant

Donna88

Reaction score
Not on here, but on another forum I was on... there was a thread I was very active on for people TTC.... there were people on there who had been trying for quite a while and we all got on talking through our problems ect. it felt nice there were people going through the same as me

However, most of them are now pregnant.... don't get me wrong, I am very happy for them especially those that had been trying for a very long time. But now, they are all still on that thread.... even though its a TTC one. Again I'm actually not too bothered about this as I do like hearing how they're getting on BUT it's got to the point where if someone posts about TTC it's completely ignored while they just discuss due dates and how worried they are because of this symptom or that symptom and here's my scan picture and oh my scans in this many weeks ect.

It's put me off going in there and when I look, they're all pregnant in there and it's like yeah... all the other TTC have left as well haven't they. I feel like saying something but then does that make me look like I'm just being selfish and horrible?

I just don't understand how a group of people who have just been through all that themselves can be so inconsiderate of how other people now going through the same feel

There is a ttc thread already going on here it's named symptoms spotters anonymous.

The girls are lovely and very very supportive. I was on there and now I am pregnant but I can assure you that it is strictly ttc talk and if any of us now pregnant ladies from there drop in its literally to see how they are doing etc.

Xxx

Donna, I completely understand you. I would be very happy if pg girls were giving advice but not discussing pg related topics.

A lot of pg girls have left symptoms spotters anonymous, but I really would like them to stay.

Stay on here and chat with us, or make new thread on the other forum site.
xx

Last edited:
Donna, as someone who has been trying for a very long time I would leave the forum. Couldn't be doing with that! This is why we have a Pregnancy Chat section on this forum... They should rename it 'Pregnancy Chat'. Luckily that is not the case here, as Tonks says, and all the pregnant girls come here to see how we are :) xx

To be honest, I think this little rant was my outburst after deciding to leave there.

I've found symptom spotters anonymous and it's great. I'm glad you all understand it's not that I'm not happy for them, but to feel completely pushed out of a thread that was actually meant for TTC is just really upsetting. Thanks for the replies here :)

I'm like you Charlotte once someone I've been talking to gets their BFP I wouldn't want them to just disappear, but there's nothing wrong with having a bit of understanding. It's how I'd like to think I'd be if I got pregnant too, I'd want to see those I was talking to move along to their BFP's with me... not ignore them in their own thread while talking about things which are bound to make them feel uncomfortable/unhappy

That's very selfish and inconsiderate :( before you leave I would put a post saying you're going elsewhere. That would really hurt my feelings too! I've never seen anything like that on this forum so definitely stick with us :) I've been on other forums/fb pages and the fighting bitchiness and nastiness is awful. There's a fight on every thread because of someone so judgemental. This forum is the best I've seen where women genuinely seem to care about each other and offer excellent support and advice xx

Last edited:
I'm not surprised that you feel like that. I'd just make a quiet exit from the thread and stick around here :hugs:

I'm not going to bother posting, I did feel like it - but I know what I'm like and if I posted something I'd want to go back and see if I got any replies and then it's just a vicious circle. I don't actually want to get into any arguments with anyone about it... I'm not that way inclined I'd rather just stick around somewhere nice and have nice supportive and friendly chats.

Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back