Formula feeding - hospital bag

Rachel1509

Reaction score
I'm going to be formula feeding, but unsure whether I need to pack some in my hospital bag? Or do the hospital provide milk while you're in there?

I plan to breast feed but have bought some cartons just incase. But was then told by my friend who had her baby where I'm to have mine that you don't need to bring it as hosp provides it. Best to check with where you're going I guess as each place seems to differ.xx

I think all hospitals are different, I have brought some just incase but going to check with the hospital anyway x

Check with your hospital my hospital doesn't provide milk.

My hospital provides milk. I asked someone I know who recently gave birth there and she said they gave her a choice of 3 milks and it was those in the ready made containers with the teats.

Just to be prepared though, I think I'll take a few cartons with me. If they're not needed then no loss, I can take them home and use them another time :D

Thanks ladies!

The hospital where I had LO didn't provide milk as they encourage breast feeding so if you really don't want to breast feed then bring your own milk!

The hospital I'm going to only give you the first feed, I have sma pre made sterile bottles to take as that's what I'll use at home X

My hospital doesn't provide anything according to my sil (who had her LO not long ago) you are lucky if they give you cotton wool ..... I intend to breast feed or at least try but I plan to take a couple of small bottles and cartons of milk just in case.......my sil says the hospital are really against bottle feeding but stick to your guns if that's what you choose to do. She has also said to take my own baby blankets as they don't have enough ! I am still confused about sterilizing things while in the hospital nobody tells you anything.

Last edited:
do you not have hospital tours? we get to go round the maternity and labour wards here and its a 3 hour tour. they go into everything with you.....what they provide, where everything is....what u need to bring...everything

i must admit the ante natal services here have been amazing.....so many classes and so far have paid for nothing.....got tons of scan photos at each of my 6 scans and not had to pay anything...... :) x

do you not have hospital tours? we get to go round the maternity and labour wards here and its a 3 hour tour. they go into everything with you.....what they provide, where everything is....what u need to bring...everything

i must admit the ante natal services here have been amazing.....so many classes and so far have paid for nothing.....got tons of scan photos at each of my 6 scans and not had to pay anything...... :) x

Nope, lady at antenatal class said they stopped doing the tours a few years back because of the inconvenience it brings to everyone in the hospital, and also not been able to fit groups of people in lifts etc to show them around.

Aww I want to come to your hospital - sounds great!

Samsgirl your hospital sounds fab. You can't do tours round ours, you have to watch a Youtube video! Also it's £4 a photo at scans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back