Formula feeding, help please!

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Cookie84, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Cookie84

Cookie84 Active Member

Just wondering how everyone formula feeds? My son feeds every two hrs at the moment so I feel like I’m permanantly boiling a kettle and waiting for it to cool down. My son gets very upset if his feed is late so finding it quite stressful to predict timings. Also what do you do when you’re out and about? Any help appreciated for a very tired new mum. Son also seems to have a bit of a cough which isn’t helped if he cries xxxx

2. babylove2016

babylove2016 Well-Known Member

Hello lovely,

I got a second hand tommee tippee prep machine for £15 from a baby sale... best thing we bought. Makes up to the right temperature in two minutes.

When I go out I make up however many bottles I think I may need with boiling water (and pop these in bottle warmers - the insulated bottle bags) and then one from the prep machine so that once that is cold I can add some of the boiling bottle to it to warm it up (as long as used within 3 hours).

x

3. Rubyredslipper

Rubyredslipper Well-Known Member

Tommee tippee prep machine is worth every penny!! Am dusting mine off for this one.
    Going out I used to either use the pre made bottles and take a flask of boiling water and ask wherever I was for a jug so I could warm it up or the opposite, take formula and make up with boiling water from a flask and ask them for a jug of cold water to Cool it down.

4. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

My eldest was like this and so as soon as one feed was finished I'd make the next or make it an hour before needed so it was cooled down I do this for my 9 month old too if we are out. Invest in a thermos flask too they are great if out.
    Also the prep machine has been great for us