Formula and flying

Tanya4beauty

Reaction score
We are off to majorca in 3 1/2 weeks and I just wondered if any of you know the rules on flying with baby milk? Can you take unopened cartons on board with you? Or does it have to be 100ml measures? Mia drinks more than that in one go so it'll be a nightmare!
Xx

You can take unopened cartons through, and the formula powder but you can't take hot water. So take a flask and get someone in a restaurant in departures or on the plane to fill it for you.

You obviously can't take scissors to open the carton, so we used our keys.

Oh that's brill as Mia only has ready made anyway. Didn't even give it a thought on how to open the carton!! Think I've used my teeth before tho! Thanks :)

They can open the carton on the plane for you (or in departure lounge)

xxxxxxx

I've flown loads from the UK and taken hot water in a tommee tippee thermos flask, you can take as much baby food/milk as you need through with you, they will just make you taste some of it if its water in bottles. I've taken seven bottles each with 5oz of water in, a flask of hot water, a tub of powder and purées. I've never had any issues as its quite obviously for the baby I was carrying.

Enjoy your hols xx

If you take cartons through you need to drink some to prove its not got anything hidden in it, sometimes up to50% of what you have, sometimes just a taste.
You can ring boots in the airport and get them to reserve your formula for you so you won't have to worry about taking it through customs x

Think it all depends. I took it all with me and in the UK was asked to taste it. Coming back from France they couldn't have cared less!

Cartons you can take through and also can you can take bottles which you have already premade .

They will ask you to taste to make sure you haven't got anything you shouldn't x x

I've flown loads from the UK and taken hot water in a tommee tippee thermos flask, you can take as much baby food/milk as you need through with you, they will just make you taste some of it if its water in bottles. I've taken seven bottles each with 5oz of water in, a flask of hot water, a tub of powder and purées. I've never had any issues as its quite obviously for the baby I was carrying.

Enjoy your hols xx

I guess it might depend on where you fly from then. They made my OH go to the gents and throw the hot water away or they would have taken my flask from me.

The man said i had to drink the breast milk but he just watched me open it and put it to my lips then said, that's ok, I've seen you drink it haven't I?

Can you take cartons because I was told I couldn't as its 200ml and liquid. I was just going to take enough to get through security then buy at the airport

Can you take cartons because I was told I couldn't as its 200ml and liquid. I was just going to take enough to get through security then buy at the airport

Yes you can take cartons, I took them, the rules are different for baby milk. If you're not sure you can check the airports website, that should help you.

So if i take a normal tub and put it in her case unopened this is ok?? Will probs just buy a carton past securityx

This is what heathrow say about baby food/milk and the 100mls rule:

Baby food or baby milk: This exception is only permitted if you are travelling with a baby or infant. Please carry only what you need for the flight. You will be asked to open the containers and taste the contents. If you are not travelling with a baby or infant, excess liquids should be carried as hold luggage. You may also wish to take advantage of our pre-order service for collection after security by calling us on 0800 678 5324 or email us.

This is what heathrow say about baby food/milk and the 100mls rule:

Baby food or baby milk: This exception is only permitted if you are travelling with a baby or infant. Please carry only what you need for the flight. You will be asked to open the containers and taste the contents. If you are not travelling with a baby or infant, excess liquids should be carried as hold luggage. You may also wish to take advantage of our pre-order service for collection after security by calling us on 0800 678 5324 or email us.

Thank you - such a helpful reply :)

Thanks for all your replies. We are flying from Norwich which is really small and doesn't have anywhere to buy milk so I have to take it through. Ill just take some cartons and after I've tasted it will put into her bottle. Will be easier xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back