Forgot to tell you about my dentist appt yesterday.

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by monster_munch, Jan 16, 2008.

1. monster_munch

monster_munch Well-Known Member

Went for my root canal treatment, pooping myself, but told myself to be all brave, after all I am a grown woman!
    Lay down on the chair, he laid it back (oo this sounds like a dirty story ;) ;) - It's not though :( ) and starting injecting. I closed my eyes as I don't like to see the needle and he kept asking if I was OK (he was a new dentist I hadn't seen before and was foreign so I struggled to understand his accent at first) I said yes and that I was feeling a little light headed but I am a baby when it comes to the dentist so was trying to chill out. Anyway, I must have turned a funny colour or something cus he was freaking out, I tried to sit up a bit and realised I couldn't see properly, my ears were ringing and I couldn't feel my legs.
    Started to panic a bit, tried taking deep breaths but as I was laid past horizontal (tooth is a top tooth so I have to be laid with my head lower than my feet) baby was sitting in my lungs (OK so not quite but it felt like it :lol: ) and I could only take short shallow breaths.

They managed to sit me up, and asked if I was feeling better, and gradually I did.
    Thankfully my dentist practice is part of a health centre and there was a nurse there who came to check on me.
    Nothing serious, but because I was laid flat my blood pressure dropped really low really quick. Not good.
    Then dentist suggested we leave the proceedure as I would have to lie there for 45mins, which wasn't going to be possible. SO I got out of it :cheer:
    Only problem is that my tooth has started hurting again :roll: and I will have to have the root canal treatment done at some point soon after bubs is born, but hey ho!

Crikey, how long is this post??
    I should have split it into 3 or 4 to help my post count :lol:

2. monster_munch

ooo comp had a total spaz posting that!!

3. happy-chick

happy-chick Well-Known Member

Ooo sounds like u gave em a scare & u got out of it :D well done ;) :hug:

4. Kimbo

Kimbo Well-Known Member

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

i noticed u posted this twice and then deleted it quick.... anything to get your post count up :rotfl: :rotfl:

5. libs

libs Well-Known Member

you didn't tell me this :shock:

seeing as your reply text this morning managed to treat our whole morning meeting to a chorus of "face for the radio" before I could get at my phone you could at least have made it worthwhile :wink:

6. mdsremos

mdsremos Well-Known Member

I had to have root canal at 38 weeks pregnant as my tooth was killing me...I was abit shocked that the dentist had to refer to his book to check how far he was allowed to tilt the dental chair as I was so far along, I even had to help him work it out but he did a good job although he did have to start the work as a temporary job as he wouldnt do an xray.

After I had Charlie I was given the option of removal costing £60 or root canal at over £250 (private dentist who wouldnt take me as an NHS patient and had been with him for years) so I found an NHS one and got 3 lots of root canal done during my exemption period so didnt pay a penny!!!!!! I had the worst tooth problems during pregnancy!

7. paiges_mummy

paiges_mummy Well-Known Member

jeeze aint you better off having the tooth taken out????

8. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I hate the dentist so can totally sympathise

9. muppetmummy

muppetmummy Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the dentist for a year and a half! Thats a record for me!! All the nhs dentists around here are full :x

10. monster_munch

I was going to, but if I'm honest I completely forgot :oops: :oops:
    Was so relieved to be home and out of the dentist chair :lol:

11. Nicola g

Nicola g Well-Known Member

I hate dentists too, need to make an appt soon too :think:

12. Kazz

Kazz Well-Known Member

I hate the dentists! I would have got him to pull it out just so i wouldnt need to go through 45 mins of pain.

Good luck for next time tho :hug:

13. libs

libs Well-Known Member

:shakehead: honestly a bit of trauma and I go right out of your head :wink:

hope its ok :hug: