forgive me, another nieave question!

ozziesmum

Reaction score
everyone says to wait until you are late for your AF to test, but what if you BD while on and just after AF? will i have to wait a month before i test or can i still do it after 2ww? aarrgghh sorry ladies, i know its prob an obvious answer but i dont do all the calculating things, and judging by other posts i think that my "window" is just after AF anyway! :doh: . i dont think i can bare to wait a whole month before testing!!!

Hi,

It's best to wait until your AF is due so that you don't get a false result. Some people test a couple of days earlier than AF is due and detect a positive, others will get a negative until their AF is due or even until a few days after their AF is due. Everybody is different. Saves any disappointments really if you can wait until your AF is due.

The 2 WW begins after you've ovulated not when your AF starts. So if you BD whilst on or just after your AF, you'd have to wait until your AF is next due before testing.

Typically you won't be in your fertile time whilst your AF is on anyway but you maybe just afterwards if you ovulate early.

Do you know when you ovulate in your cycle?

i dont know when i am, but after reading other peoples symptoms of OV i think that it happens just after AF, because i dont have any OV symptoms during the rest of the month, so if i did it just after and they survive for a few days and i do OV just after, in theory i could get a BFP in two weeks. sorry if its confusing!!! i think i have lost myself!! lol!!

How long is your cycle hun? Typically most people have a luteal phase (bit between ov and AF) of 14 days or a few days longer/shorter - it would be unusual to have a luteal phase of 4 weeks. Have you considered using opks to check when you ovulate? If you're regular you'd only have to use them for one cycle.

its exactly 28days , has been since i started, which started on my 12th bday!!! its all a bit text book . my first pregnancy i BD then tested exactly 2weeks after and it was a bfp, its all sooo confusing!!!

With a 28 day cycle - you probably ov around day 14

It was probably luck the first time that you hit the right time so a test 2w later would be the right time to test.

To help your confusion (apologies if it sounds patronising - it isn't meant to :hug: )

Day 1 - the day AF starts
Day 2 - 13 your body is preparing to ovulate
Day 14 - ovulation - if you bd this day and the days before or the day after - you have a chance of being pregnant
Day 15 - 28 - Luteal phase or 2ww - you have ovulated and (hopefully :D ) the egg is being fertilised and implanting itself
Somewhere in this 2ww if you have got pregnant - you will start to produce HcG and get a positive pregnancy test - generally towards the end of the 2ww

You can't get pregnant until after ov - as there's no egg. So even if you bd on day 1 - there's no point testing on day 14 as there was no egg to fertilise.

any help? :D

that is really helpful thanks! who says you dont need to be a rocket scientist eh?!! lol thanks again!! jenny x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back