"forgetting" to take your pill

tambo1976

Reaction score
I know quite a lot of women who have gotten pregnant by "accidentally" forgetting birth control.

Just wondering what your views are on this? x

Tapatalking so can't see sigs or click thanks!

If it's been done on purpose, then it's not fair if you haven't discussed it with your partner. I imagine a lot of people split up because of this type of thing. xxx

If their partner doesn't know about it then I think it's awful. That man is supposed to be responsible for that child for life and to take the decision about whether to do it or not out of his hands is cruel.

However if its a case of well we'll use what's left of the pill packet then ttc I don't think it does any harm as there is obviously mutual consent if that makes sense.

I don't like women deliberately getting pregnant when the fathers don't realise they were trying x

My sister has been pregnant 3 times whilst on the pill.

As much as I love her and adore my nephews I did have to question her usage of the pill with this pregnancy???? Let's just say it was more than one missed pill... :shock:

I have managed to take the pill on and off for many years and never been pregnant... my current packs (I got 8 months worth) don't have the days on them so occasionally I have to double check myself.

xxxxxx

Last edited:
I fell while on the pill. I'd been on it for three years and it had worked like magic until it didnt and I conceived!

That said, I had just lost my job at the time of conception, so I'm not sure if stress levels can alter the way it works?

But it can be done - my little boy is proof!

xxxx

I think it's disgusting when people purposely miss them to try and get pregnant.

I was on the pill when I caught for my first, well I was in the process of changing pills, I caught for her the week between swapping types (we didn't use any extra contraception like your suppose to) but I feel as though when I say I got pregnant on the pill people automatically assume it was on purpose... Which is as far from the truth as they could be!

It does happen though, not everybody tries to trick their OH in to it xx

Mummy to Ella 18/11/11
Baby number 2 due 15th Dec 2013

I was just curious on others thoughts tbh. I know someone (won't mention any names as this is a public section of the forum) who was tricked in to having a child by the ex "forgetting" the pill. It was admitted after she had the child that she stopped taking the pill on purpose and the relationship dissolved soon after.

I just think it's disgusting. The man basically has no choice. Well he does by wearing a condom but in a steady long term relationship I think couples really should be able to trust each other to be honest over such an important matter. Then when the couple separates the bloke has to spend the next 16-18 years paying for a child that he was forced into.

I have 2 sons 19 and 17 and I have spoken about this with them several times. I always tell them to protect themselves regardless of girlfriends saying they are using contraception. I would just hate my lads to be forced in to fatherhood by a deceitful partner.

Tapatalking so can't see sigs or click thanks!

i was just generaly really forgetful and said to OH week before i fell with A that i was going to change to the injection but it was too late oops he knows i would never trick him into anything x

I also got pregnant on the pill, whilst taking it properly I should add ha!

I didnt get pregnant while on the pill I was off it for a year but so many times I forgot to take it I could see how it can happen accidentally. Although I do know a girl who 'forgot' and now has two kids, those two should never ever have had children together. He didnt want one so soon I do think she planned it

I know that there are people who would be sly enough to fool their partners into having a baby. However I also think that there is a lack of knowledge given when the pill is prescribed on just how many medications and environmental factors can cancel it out.

I fell pregnant on tge pill and i was taken it everyday amd at the same time i mossed on in the three years i was takin it and that was the first week i started takin it xxx

Haha, my hubby told me not to tell him when i stopped it when we first started trying!!! Fast forward 2.5yrs and several mc and suddenly he wants to look at opks with me... oh how life changes!

I took the pill for 12 years. Got pg once on it, but because i had D&V, and forgot it wouldn't work with this.

I know people that I strongly think they 'trapped' their partner by messing about with the pill.

Also, a lot of ppl don't seem to realise if they are sick, have upset tum or on antibiotics, their pill doesn't work, and wonder why the pill 'failed' !!

I know it can happen but I know I took it for 13 years without even a hint of an accident!

Xx

Haha, my hubby told me not to tell him when i stopped it when we first started trying!!! Fast forward 2.5yrs and several mc and suddenly he wants to look at opks with me... oh how life changes!

I took the pill for 12 years. Got pg once on it, but because i had D&V, and forgot it wouldn't work with this.

My OH didnt want to know when we wrte trying either, he just said wait til next uear so xmas is out the way. I actually stopped taking the pill in october because a) I figured itd take a while anyway after being on BC for so long, and b) I knew hed be happy if it happened a little earlier.
As it happened I ended up telling him in jan I wasnt taking the pill becaise I started to feel a bit desperate and alone after 4failed cycles....

In the 4 months I was on mini pill, I forgot it 3 times, - genuinely i might add. I guess we were lucky.

I was ok when I used the normal pill before TTC (although one month I completely forgot to restart - but it was close to our agreed TTC time)! But the mini pill you only have a 3hr window for and I was hopeless with it!

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back