Forearm Tattoo Virgin - Any tips?

xSebbiesMumx

Reaction score
Okay..So im really contemplating having my first ever tattoo age 27!..Ive had my eye on a design since i was 14! Ive always wanted a tattoo of a heartagram (google it if you dunno what it is) on my forearm! The only thing that puts me off is the needles and the fact that its more than likely gonna hurt like hell!

Ive had mixed answers from everyone i know, some saying it absolutely battered (hurt!) to some who commented it only felt like a cat scratch!..And nothing really helpful after that, my OH (Who has 8 tattoos) seems to think ill breeze through it since ive had a baby, and did more than half my labour on just paracetomol and codeine..But childbirth pain and tattoo pain aren't really in the same ball park are they really?..lol!

Im thinking of either next week or next payday paying a visit to the old tattoo shop, but im scared incase i chicken out or be one of those really unfortunate souls who freak out the tattoo artist by passing out!:lol:

So, pointers, and tips for the tattoo novice over here!..So ladies with forearm tattoos..How was it for you? (pain wise?)

Thanks ladies :D

Last edited:
How did it go? Did u go through with the tattoo or chicken out? Lol

My fiance is brave when it comes to tattoo's (he has 20 of them) and he said his forearm was the most painful one, but people are different so I don't want to scare you!!
:oooo:

Last edited:
I have a few tats, both wrists and one on my foot and one on my back. My wrists did not hurt and the other 2 well they really hurt. I'm the biggest wimp I know and hate needles. Would it be big or small. If it's small then even if it hurts at least it won't be for long.

I don't thnk that hurt that much tbh, and I cry when getting my eye brows done aha. I have one on my foot & up my ankle and anither one on my wrist... I wanted more but hubby doesn't like tattoos, so I doubt I'll have anymore. But I'd go for it you don't have to look at them doing it just look away :p x

Hey hunni!

I'm covered in quite a few tattoos and will have both of my arm sleeves done by the end of this year. My next tattoo is this Saturday which is roses starting at my wrist and going all the way up to the crease of my arm where my elbow is. I have a tattoo on my left forearm already which I breezed through.

I really cannot give you much insight because everyone is different! It all depends on your pain threshold and how much pain you are able to withstand and at what degree. With me personally, my pain threshold is super duper high and whenever I have been inked, I just sat there as casually as I would on the sofa at home watching TV, lol!!

But don't mistake that for thinking you'll be the same because everyone is different. You may have got through childbirth which can be excruciating, but that doesn't mean you'll be a hard nut when it comes to been inked! You'd think child birth stereotypically is worse, but for you that might not be the case!

How big are you wanting the heartagram? Because they do contain a fair bit of detail... Not just the outlining but also the shading and filling in - so it will probably take a while and the shading and filling in is what hurts the most because it will no longer be 1 needle they use like they do when they outline, it'll be 3 little needles when they shade.

The tattoo you've decided on is lovely though and I'm sure it'll look fabulous on you.

Let us know how you get on honey pie!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back