For us with MW appointments today...20/6/13

fairypants

Reaction score
I know there are a few of us going to see our MWs today, so I thought I'd do a little update thread to see how we all got on...

I saw my lazy ass MW at 10.45 and as usual, she hadn't given me a sample pot last time, so didn't bother with that again today. She had her trainee do BP as usual, which was fine at 120/72. Trainee then also measured me and said to start with I'd shrunk, but did it again and decided I've not got any bigger...which is utter rubbish because I know full well clothes I could wear 2 weeks ago don't fit at all now! Trainee then had a feel and decided girly's 3/5 engaged, which is great because I was starting to worry, as 2 weeks ago she was still free!! Trainee then had a minor panic because she couldn't find heartbeat straight away and had to wriggle the Doppler round to find it, to discover what every other MW has so far...my girly don't like being poked!! Girly whacked the Doppler rather hard and nearly deafened the poor woman!!
MW then offered me a sweep and as much as I'd love to get things moving now, I said no...I think I'm regretting it already, but I just don't trust or feel comfortable with her. So she said she'll do it at next appointment, which is in 2 weeks on 4th July. I'm now hoping and praying that my little miss arrives before then without any interference, but the MW did say that if she's making big steps this quickly, that I probably won't need the next appointment and I probably won't go far over, if at all! Not holding my breath, but FX she's here soon!!

So how did you all get on?! Anything exciting to report?!

She offered u a sweep!!!! I'd of had my pants down faster than Katie price if mine offered me one!! Haha
Woooo I hope mine says yes today lol
Good stuff she's engaged :) wonder if she's right and u will be early...
Didn't we all say last week that we hope to not need these appts lol think was too much wishful thinking! Xx

Tapatalking. X

Had mine at 9am. - 38+3

Measuring 37cm - she said cos hes practically engaged my bump wont measure much bigger now cos of the way hes positioned!? Hes currently STILL back to back! :shock: ouch! She said thats probs why im getting horrible BHs in my back.
She thinks things will start soon cos i mentioned the aches and pains and the loss of plug so she thinks ill have him before DD anyway! :D
BP was 105/60 she said thats on the low side and ive now been issued iron tablets and bloods have been sent off for a full blood test incase im now anaemic! Should get results tomorrow.
shes put down 2/5 eng (she said that means hes 3/5 engaged and can feel only 2/5 left of his head) i no some MWs work it out the oppersite way!?
urine sample all fine.

Next appointment now isnt until 41+3 !! As the consultant wants to see me on my due date up the hosp for a follow up appointment from when i was reffered with my reduced movements. She said to ask her to do a sweep there and then, if not to give her a call and she will see if she can do it on that thurs at 40+3. Otherwise i wont be having a sweep until 41+3.. ill be so depressed if hes not out before then! lmaoo!

She wanted me to see a dr today aswell cos i have a mega sore throat, cough and blocked nose.
Dr had a look, said it all seems fine but slight viral infection. No antibiotics needed but to keep taking paracetamol.
And my lovely iron tablets!!

I'm anaemic too dani, taking iron tablets 3x a day but to be honest I feel so much better since taking them! More energy and less 'urgh' lol so maybe a good thing. Black poo thou lol

Ooh I wonder whose gonna go first!! Lol
My MW has never mentioned if she thinks ill be early/late etc but hopefully she will today!

Roll on 245!! Xx

Tapatalking. X

She said to take orange juice with them and hopefully the wont be so bad.. cant wait for the black poo haha!

I think she only really said cos i kept going on about the aches and when i can get a sweep etc lmfao! so she probs said it to shut me up!
But Noah doesnt have much left until hes fully engaged.. and she did also say that that might take a week/2weeks.. or even HOURS!!!!? so labour can really be at anytime

Still waiting for clary sage oil to arrive in the post. hope its here tomorrow. xx

Yh i take mine with OJ. They don't bother me at all.

Can't wait to feel the pain!! Lol :-/ xx

Tapatalking. X

She offered u a sweep!!!! I'd of had my pants down faster than Katie price if mine offered me one!! Haha
Woooo I hope mine says yes today lol
Good stuff she's engaged :) wonder if she's right and u will be early...
Didn't we all say last week that we hope to not need these appts lol think was too much wishful thinking! Xx

Tapatalking. X

LMAO pants down like Katie Price...if it had been my old MW or at the hospital, I would've too!!

Sounds like you're doing ok too Dani. Like you say though, they could drop that last little bit any time and it could take weeks or hours, you just never know!! I think that's what all my pain and discomfort was on monday, it must have been her moving down cos was fine before that and by tuesday morning I'd developed a serious waddle and couldn't bend properly anymore!! Haha so if she's gona make moves that quick then I'm hoping it all moves that quick now!!

Yeah same, ive been moaning about all these aches thinking its early labour haha and its just him!

I dno how much blinking PLUG i have up there but im losing more again today!
Its only really a few stringy bits at a time. Yesterday was quite a big bit mind.

Wish it would hurry up and get all out!!!! I dnt want to wait any longer :( haha xx

Well that was pointless!! Rushed in and out with a 'stand in MW'.
No new info and booked for next appt 40+5 (2wks today).
Xx

Tapatalking. X

Yup, so over this waiting thing already! Lol just want her here!!

awww Bek what!!!!! how craaaap!

mine doesnt wanna see me for a 40wk app cos im going to see consultant lmao. charming :/ xx

I had my 28 week appointment today. . All good.. bump has had a growth spurt... was 23cm at 25 weeks.... is now 27cm at 28 weeks explains the quiet little movement day I had... heart rate of bubba is all good too xxx mw reckons bubs is head down and I have a scan on Monday morning so we'll see then

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

awww Bek what!!!!! how craaaap!

mine doesnt wanna see me for a 40wk app cos im going to see consultant lmao. charming :/ xx

I've got a 40+2 with consultant and 40+5 with MW! I don't intend on being at either! I want my baby now!!

Gonna get oh to do me a sweep tonight! :-/ xxx

Tapatalking. X

im guna make mine do one aswell!

He came into the room the other night pissing about with rubber gloves on and said 'OPEN UP!' and pulled the glove at his wrist to make a noise hahahahaa!

Ive lost a bit more plug today again when wiping.
WHY IS NOTHING ELSE HAPPENING lolol! did u take the EPOs after?? xx

I think my hubby would have 40,000 fits if I asked him to do a sweep LOL he worries about hurting me or baby as it is!!

Glad to hear all is well SeonaidMac!

I had my mw app today at 9.50am I'm 38+4 :)
My bump has apparently had a huge growth spurt..... But saying that, ive had 3 different people measure my bump in the last 2 weeks! So he went from 34.5cm from my designated mw exactly 2weeks ago, to 32cm the next day by the mw that was on the ward i went to for reduced movement to a massive 37 cm today!! :/ wtf!!!
My bp was normal for me, 120/76 :)
I had a stand in mw today, she was awesome as she is the head of midwifery of anglesey and Gwynedd.... Ohh
,I felt privileged lol! She was lovely! Told me to get having lots of sex! Haha
The boy is 1/5 engaged..... Does that mean I'm nearly engaged? she said she could only feel his chin poking out? I felt bad and thought omg what if he suffocates?! Lmfao! I'm such a nob!
I've gotta go back next Thursday to see me usual mw! Then if he hasn't made an appearance by my dd gotta go get a sweep on the 1st of July

Karlie xxx

Haha! Yes I take the epo everyday now lol and insert one for bedtime lol I've gave up on RLT... Think it's crap lol bouncing on my ball now too.

Karlie they always measure me wrong too! Lol tape measure is rubbish!
Just his chin! Lol awww think u might be first! I think that means u only have 1/5 to go!
I've got sweep on the 1st July too! :)

I'm going out for dinner tonight with my Friend, to franky &bennys!! Yum!! Won't be able to do this for a while :D

xxx

Tapatalking. X

Sounds like you're doing alright the Karlie!!

At this rate we're all gona be bouncing around on our gym balls, whilst drinking raspberry leaf tea and having sex!! LOL!!

Sounds like you're doing alright the Karlie!!

At this rate we're all gona be bouncing around on our gym balls, whilst drinking raspberry leaf tea and having sex!! LOL!!

And shoving epo capsules up our foo's lol x

Tapatalking. X

I had my 28 week appointment today. . All good.. bump has had a growth spurt... was 23cm at 25 weeks.... is now 27cm at 28 weeks explains the quiet little movement day I had... heart rate of bubba is all good too xxx mw reckons bubs is head down and I have a scan on Monday morning so we'll see then

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hope ur scan goes ok Hun! :)

Karlie xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27