For those who have birth balls

MariaIsabella

Reaction score
I want to get one but not sure what the difference is between birth ball and gym/fitness ball? The ones named birth ball from for example mothercare are 30-40 pounds!! and find other fitness balls for 10 pounds. Any difference?? xx

I bought one off eBay for £6 - it said gym/birthing! I've not used it yet but looks ok. It says it's anti burst aswell! I wouldn't be paying £40 but I suppose that's tight me lol

I bought a gym ball from Amazon for £8. It's done ok so far, blew it up once to stretch the ball out, waited 24 hours and added some more air and it's been fine. The pump that comes with it is great and you can at least get the plug back out to add more air - I've read that this can be quite difficult with some others. I definitely would not pay £40 either :lol:

Fitness Ball: Green, 26in/65cm Diameter, Includes 1 Ball +1 Pump + 1 Page Instruction Chart. No instructional DVD. (Exercise Gym Swiss Stability Ball) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007QKV5Q0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_OH8yxb6Z061G3

As with anything it's always worth reading the reviews and making personal preference, but no, I don't think there really is much of a difference between a gym and a birth ball.

Last edited:
I got one from argos £6.00 a gym ball and I also got one of Amazon and it was called gym/birth ball for £7.00. There exactly the same xx

There's no difference but the price, just make sure its 'something non breakable'' and I think if your under 5'6 you want 65cm's but double check it should say on the package.

Got mine from sports direct for £5. :)

Yep I got a regular gym ball 65cm one for £8. They're just the same. X

I got one from argos for £7 and I love it xx it is exactly the same as a birthing ball. Mine is 65 cms size I think xx

I got one from Amazon in the end for around 8 pounds but just saw its 75cm so will be too big since I am short!! Will need to call them and try to change to smaller size :)

Thanks for all the advise and happy I didn't get that expensive one. Would have been a waste of money I think! xx

I got a gym ball from Argos and it was only £5 or £6.

Really no need to spend money on a flashy birth one ... they are all exactly the same! xx

My midwife said the men's health gym ball from argos at £12 was the best one... unfortunately due to my weight I couldn't get that one, but did get one to hold my weight that is a gym ball, and it has been good to me!

I have 2, one at work and home lol.

They are just the same. I got one online and a pink one in sports direct.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back