For those who got an Implantation bleed...

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Pregnot, May 21, 2013.

1. Pregnot

Pregnot Well-Known Member

hiya

Congrats to everyone in here - hope it goes quick for you and the worry isn't driving you all mad already!

just a quick q - to this that had an implantation bleed

my friend is trying for baby

she knows when around she ovulated and dtd

last Friday - a week before her period is due he got light cramps and said she had come on

the bleed was a little bit red but then mostly dark brown an only lasted a day and half -2 days cleared up

She said it was very light not as heavy and is due her proper period this coming Friday

could this be implantation ??

I didnt have it so no idea but its around 10 dpo and a solid week before her period is due
    Surely her period not come a week early for less time?
    she's normally a 32 day cycle and pretty regular - the only thing that could throw it off is she came off the implant 2 months ago but has had regular periods since

Does this sound like any of your experiences?

2. Kate0412

Kate0412 Well-Known Member

It does sound like implantation bleeding. I haven't had it but a friend of mine did and she said she thought she'd had her period and waited way over a month before realising something was up and then it was a BFP. Fingers crossed for your friend xxx

3. Holly1991

Holly1991 Well-Known Member

Sounds possible implantation bleeding!!
    Had my last period on the 22nd march & had unusual light red blood in a thick white jelly come out
    On the 4th April.. Then a couple of days later I had small amount of brown blood in more jelly stuff..
    My actual period wasn't due til 26th April. :)

So was a strange thing to happen. & since that bleeding occurred I started feeling like I had a period but didn't then sickness, :) so fingers crossed for her!! :)
    X

4. Frankie_Lou

Frankie_Lou Well-Known Member

I had implantation bleed which was exactly how you've described. Mine wasn't that early though but having said that I actually have no idea when I ovulate.

Fingers crossed there's a bfp on the way, keep us posted x

5. pringle88

pringle88 Well-Known Member

Could well be, mine was literally blood on the tissue after I wiped (tmi!) and it was the same with my daughter, at no point would I have confused it for the start of my period though it wasn't the same... Everyone is different though. Good luck to your friend xx

Mummy to Ella 18/11/11
    Baby number 2 due 15th Dec 2013

6. julesrainbow

julesrainbow Well-Known Member

I had an implantation bleed that last less than 48 hours and started 9 or 10 dpo (wasn't properly tracking). Sounds promising to me! X

7. littlemonkey

littlemonkey Well-Known Member

I had an implantation bleed and it was similar to how you described. It was like a period but vanished after a day. I have no idea when it was in relation to my periods cos I hadn't had one for three months before since coming off the pill and changing jobs etc. I thought this was my period (even had pmt symptoms like spots) and when it went quick I thought it was to do with problems coming off the pill, not being pregnant!

Just a word of warning. I did test soon after the bleed finished and it was neg, hence why I thought it was something else. I didn't get a bfp till a good week or two after, so tell your friend not to test too soon.

8. MrsS143

MrsS143 Well-Known Member

if its past the date of implantation, what else would cause you to bleed around 7 weeks ?

9. Lou1103

Lou1103 Well-Known Member

Hey hun,
    I started spotting a week before my period was due but got heavier and continued and it was a chemical xxx