For the Prepared Ladies here - question about moses baskets!!

beckyboo1

Reaction score
Now as many will be aware, I'm completly unorganised for Pips arrival (see post last week on me losing it!!)

So ths weekend I managed to decide what baby bouncer we wanted, but still not a moses basket.

We're definately going to have one, but I'd love to know what other people have bought nad what they think of them (if they've already got them!!)

The ones in Mama and Papas were lovely - but so expensive for what they are, just because (or so it seems) that they have matching bedding sets.

Any info would be fab as I really want to get this sorted this week!

Why oh why can I do my job 5 days a week managing a construction site with 80 men worth £15m, but i can't pick a bloody moses basket!!!!! I make decisions every day but this one is proving too much!! :wall2::wall2:

Mine's 2nd hand so I'm probably not much use lol. You can buy plain baskets and then get separate bedding sets for them on the internet xxxxxxxx

If you don't mind 2nd hand ones they're only used for a short time so usually in really good condition. If you've got facebook or something post that you're looking for one and I bet someone's got one sitting around.

My cousin gave me a M+P one with a rocking base for free. New mattresses only cost £10 in mothercare if you want a new mattress.

I have just gone for a fairy cheap and cheerful moses basket as I figured LO is only going to be in it for a maximum of 12 weeks, and it's really not worth paying a fortune for. I have chosen a rocking stand though as I thought that might be quite useful for me to rock her at night if needed without me having to get out of bed (or maybe that is just wishful thinking!)

We brought a cheap moses basket from Asda and a second hand stand from a local children's charity shop :) It's defiantly worth looking at second hand ones, we we're going to buy a second hand one but in the end it worked out cheaper for us to buy the new one, as all the one's in our area we're priced quite high. . . though that might have something to dow ith the baby bomb in our area at the time! best of luck x

I got a Claire De Lune one form Argos - only because I though Mothercare and mamas & Papas was expensive for what they were and they had an offer on the stand. As it was fairly reasonably priced I though the stand would be a real shoddy thing, but I was wrong. I put it togehter on saturday and it is lovely. Much nicer than the other more expensive ones I was looking at. Hurrah!

I got a M&P one from the outlet centre. It was £45 I think. So about half the price of the usual ones from there.

THanks Ladies - have a mamas and papas outlet near me so will have a look. Happy to have a second hand one too its just so hard to know what they;re like from a picture and if they'll be any good.

I got mine from the Asda baby event last week they are £25 and to be honest it was a similar quality to the others I had seen for double the price. I can't justify spending £50-£100 at the monent on something he won't be using for more than 6 months. I am borrowing a folding stand from a member of the family. They have some nice moses baskets that are slight seconds on the izziwotnot outlet site......Happy hunting !

mine was 5 quid off ebay. new mattress from argos and sheets from matalan. blankets are handmade by me.

I got the precious bear one from mothercare, it came with the matress and coverlett thingy and was reduced to 30 at the time, I know they have a sale on now too but not sure what price the mosses baskets are

We've got this one:
http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercar...031&pf_rd_p=231490867&pf_rd_s=related-tab-3-5

But that's because that's the theme we've gone for for most of LO's stuff. His bath set and travel swing are all in 'Little Circus' from Mothercare too. We got it just after Christmas and they had 30% off a lot of baby stuff, so rather then paying £44.99, we ended up paying something daft like £31 for it!

Asda do some really reasonably priced ones - for about £25 I think. I bought Bed Time Hugs moses basket from M&Ps which was £99 reduced to £49.

xx

I got mine bought for me from my mum but it matches our bedding for cot and the room, it's a hunphreys corner Moses basket from mother care and with a stand it came to £100 it's really expensive for the length of time that they are in there for and if we had of bought it I wouldn't have spent no where near that amount but it's to be kept for our next baby and I'll pass it down to my sister too for when her time comes x

I was looking yesterday. I thought there was a nice one on the boots website for £28. I really wanted a bodie anglaise (i think that's how you say it!) and that one was the cheapest I could find. I would have to but the rocking stand too though. Xxx

Kiddiecare.com do a lovely moses basket and rocking stand for around £50 with free delivery, has a brand new mattress as well. that sites quite cheap for alot of things x

personally im not having one!! first baby had one cost £55 without stand 10 years ago and he loved it, to the extreme he would not go in his cot when he grew out of it, i tried and tried to get him to sleep in the cot but he hated and woke in the night over and over til he was 2 n half when he went in a proper bed

2nd baby didnt have a moses basket at all went in cot from day one and have had no problems with sleeping, not even when i swapped into lower bunk in other sons room :)

so 3rd time around i aint having one lol but everyone is different and has different experiences Good Luck with ur decision making xxx

I have one (that i bought for a friend 5 years ago so will just change the mattress) but that will be downstairs on a stand in the living room, and in the bedroom we are having a good old fashioned wooden crib:) xx

I got a mamas and papas one from facebook swap shop for £20. Bought a new mattress from eBay for £5. Bargain! It came with a cover and bedding, but I bought a couple of blankets from Asda in the baby event for £3 and £4 each xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back