For people with boys and girls....

Ashbee

Reaction score
Were your pregnancies the same or different with different sexes? X

Sick with both - less severe but lasted pretty much all the way through with our son whereas very bad but finished before 20 weeks with our daughter. Liked milky and sweet things with Haydn, couldn't get enough salty and tomato food with Daisy. Completely knackered with Daisy but likely because I already had a 1 year old to look after. Lovely thick hair with Daisy - had no real change with Haydn, greasy both pregnancies too- it's all so glamorous!!

I don't know the sex of this baby yet, will find out in 2 weeks, but this pregnancy has been very much the same as with my daughter, no sickness and very little symptoms in early pregnancy. Cravings are the same, chocolate, sweets, strawberries and cream, all sweet stuff that I normally hate. Bump is very similar too. Because of this I do wonder if I'm carrying another girl, I don't have a gut feeling. Will be interesting to find out xx

No first hand experience - but every single mum I've personally spoken to with both sexes have said sickness and general ill-feeling is worse with girls.

My sister had a pretty bad first pregnancy, awful sickness and heartburn right up until baby was out, generally just did not enjoy the pregnancy and couldn't wait till baby came. Second pregnancy was a breeze, she loved it. Barely any sickness and only a tiny bit of heartburn. Right at the end she said she'd happily be pregnant for another month! She was also huge with her first and lovely and neat with second. She had 2 boys :D

My other sister had pretty good pregnancies. Her worst was the first, she was so dehydrated with sickness she needed IV fluids. After that she was great. Second and third pregnancies the sickness was minimal in comparison. She had 3 girls :lol: I think there is absolutely no way to tell.

I was the same as my sister with the boys. Had pretty rotten sickness till 13 weeks and the most god awful heartburn, even when I was in labour the heartburn was killing me. I'd have swapped it for the sickness any day. The last 4 weeks of my pregnancy I slept bolt upright otherwise I'd vomit acid every night! I had a boy too. A very hairy one at that :lol: I'll be interested to see what symptoms I have with a following pregnancy xx

With my first two pregnancies I had no morning sickness, rarely even felt queasy, ate as normal. Had bad indigestion/heartburn from early on, also had a bout of kidney stones at 21/22 weeks - both times! (requiring hospital administered pain relief and a few days stay as I couldn't keep paracetamol down).
Rest of the pregnancies were fine until I got to 34 weeks and got OC.
Think I craved salty food like crisps etc with my second (can't remember with my first), my second was a girl.

This time I have felt awful for the first 13/14 weeks feeling sick (but not throwing up, just feeling like I was about to).
Only just started with heartburn/acid reflux and thankfully it's reasonably mild and comes and goes, doesn't last too long.
I have a theory that my kidney stones in the first two pregnancies were caused by me having too many Rennies leading to calcium build up (stones).
This time I've had none and I'm now past the point I got kidney stones in the previous pregnancies, so with any luck I've avoided it this time.
I'm also taking Cranberry tablets this time round to try to improve kidney health and prevent stones & UTIs etc.

Everything I have read points to this baby being a girl (shape and position of bump, craving sweet foods, even things like leg hair growth - fast with a boy, slow with a girl LOL)
But I don't know. Last time round I had a few 'boy' markers but she was a girl.

Also, another one is heart rate, if you have a doppler or CTG to hear the baby's heart, if it's fast, over 140 it's supposedly a girl, if it's under 140 it's a boy lol.

I'm not doing dopplers so I can't test that theory out, but it was right with my last baby, she was always very fast, around 160bpm from memory :)

Last edited:
The Doppler heartbeat theory is a myth that has been disproved by studies.
My babies heartbeat was 169bpm on detailed USS and I get it to be around 150 - 160 when I listen with my Doppler and I'm having a boy xx

The Doppler heartbeat theory is a myth that has been disproved by studies.
My babies heartbeat was 169bpm on detailed USS and I get it to be around 150 - 160 when I listen with my Doppler and I'm having a boy xx

Aren't they all myths and "old wives tales"? :think::eh:

Like the theories say if you're having a girl you carry higher, and crave sweet foods, but it's all just myth.
Same with the saying that if you have a lot of heartburn it means the baby has a lot of hair.

Ive had/having 2 boys and both very much identical pregnancies (i know thats not ur Q lol sorry) ...

My mums had 2 of each, but didn't get a single bit of morning sickness of all 4 of us.
Pregnancies didnt really differ.
But she thinks the boys were harder to deliver lol. She said my birth and my sisters (2nd & 3rd babies) were a breeze! :lol: xx

Last edited:
All the old wives tales last time pointed to girl. This time they're pointing more towards boy.

I had a boy last time and am supposed to be having a girl this time :lol:

They've felt VERY different, though. I think having a 2 year old to run around after and a more stressful job has made more of a difference to be honest! It's not easy to differentiate! X

Physically my pregnancies were identical, emotionally I felt quite different. Was very calm, serene and peaceful with my boy but I was felt quite angry, highly strung and generally grouchy with my girl pregnancy. I am sure having a toddler to run around after and working FT until 38w didn't help my mood.

X

Totally different! I suffered far more with sickness with my girl than I did in this pregnancy with twin boys!

My first (boy) pregnancy was totally different to my second (girl) then this one was absolutely identical to my daughters, and baby is a boy x

First girl slight morning sickness till 14 weeks, awful back pains from 20 and slept constantly. this time boy still being sick now at 22 weeks ! Heart burn and I can't sleep at all !

I have 2 boys and a girl already and this time am having a boy. I had zero sickness with my first boy, mild sickness with my girl, bad sickness with my 2nd boy and bad sickness this time! X

My pregnancies were pretty much identical - nausea from beginning to around week 16, headaches in first trimester, bp problems post delivery. I had a girl then a boy. The only difference was I craved sweets with my daughter and salads with my son (ironically I developed GD with my son, but not my daughter!!).

I have 2 boys and now pregnant with a girl and pregnancy have been exactly the same. Only difference is the things I used to crave with the boys make me sick thinking about this time. Pickles,cheese, burgers.

This time I craved cherry drop toffees, Strawberry volvic water (sugar free only) and chicken

I have a boy and a girl and yes, my girl pregnancy was harder. BUT I don't really believe the myth that girl babies are worse. I think it just depends on the pregnancy itself rather than what bits the baby has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back