For ladies having had episotomy....

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
Have you been able to use tampons?

Im just wondering and feel emabarrassed for askng but ever since having DS 3 years ago I havent been able to use them.

Am I the only one?

:oops:

I only use them now and again if I have a heavier flow (usually very light) but I dont remember ever having a problem. :think:

When you say problems, do you mean getting them in the right position or just getting them in? Might be worth a chat with a female doctor. :hug:

I can use them just fine, but normally stick to my mooncup :)

Mine, are very uncomfortable - they just dont stay i the right position - im guessing it was the way i was cut. So its just good old sanitary towles and i hate them and miss tampons. I feel 11 just using a sanitary towel and no tampons.

No, I don't use tampons anymore... my perineum area is just too damaged I think.... the scar tissue has made it a totally different shape and this may be TMI but I can very rarely have sex two days running without really hurting or bleeding a little.

The joys of natural childbirth eh!

xx

yes - used them on my first Af after having Josh and always after that till I started ttcing (and that's only cos I have some weird ideas... :oops: )

mrs_tommo22 said:
Mine, are very uncomfortable - they just dont stay i the right position - im guessing it was the way i was cut. So its just good old sanitary towles and i hate them and miss tampons. I feel 11 just using a sanitary towel and no tampons.

I feel the same way and dont particularily like towels, though there are some pretty good ones on the market now......but I had a problem with a tampon many years ago which is probably too gross to go into but it put me off a little lol, I will only use them if I have a heavier flow and am going out somewhere.

I know this may be a silly question, but could it be you are more tense in that area than normal and so its not going in right?

Can't be using pads... they're horrible, the idea of sitting in my own menstral rotting blood makes me :puke: .. I'm so going to hate it this time... :(

I had an episiotomy and several 3rd degree internal/external tears... I was pretty messed up down there... But after I stopped bleeding after having Tia... and started my next period I used tampons. Although I was sewn up in surgery and the surgeon said he'd make me like a virgin again :rotfl: He didn't but obviously it was very efficiently done... :)

However I did use a moon cup, but while I had no problems using one before I had Tia, even the larger size just doesn't fit right anymore and always leaked... So I know I'm not the same shape down there.

Tbh I think you should mention it to your doctor, because you shouldn't be having probs like that :think: Try and get a sympathetic one though, just to have a look inside.

:hug:

I used to use tampax but since I has Isaac I get too many clots to use tampons. I have to use pads and spend quite a while each day of my period sat on the loo and I can't have a bath either I have to have showers. I've just started my contraceptive pill again and I thought it would make my 'period' lighter and shorter but it hasn't as yet :( I don't know if I would be able to use tampons comfortably now after my episiotomy? Jed says its the same down below but it feels different to me :think:

I've had three episiotomies and three tears. I've had more stiches than a hand knitted Christmas jumper, but I still use tampons.

They don't fit as well as they used to, I have to say, but I just can't cope with that drippy feeling you get with towels....... :puke: :puke:

lol, yeah thats pretty gross, but luckily my periods are so light I only ever drip when I use the loo :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back