For BFing mothers with a 2-3 month old LO

crackers24

Reaction score
I just wanted to know how long your baby feeds at any one time during the day (not night time feeds). If feeding times vary please choose the option that is the closest match. I just want to see where bubba stands compared to the rest of your lovely LOs. Thanks

At 2 or 3 months Lucy was more likely to take a 20 minute feed, she's recently got into the habit of taking a few smaller snacky ones in between. Her night ones are always 20 minutes for some reason, quick snack and go because she wants to get lots, but also to get back to bed! lol

5-10 mins during the day every couple of hours. About 30 mins per feed at night but goes for between 4 and 7 hours. Having said that, just as I think we're in a routine it all changes again!

Fraser's not quite 2 months but at the moment he feeds every couple of hours during the day for about 10 mins. Then in the evening (between about 7 and 10) he will cluster feed for a few minutes at a time, then fall asleep for 15 or so then wake and feed again. Overnight he sleeps 6-7 hours then has a 15-20 min feed, another 1-2 hours sleep and another longer feed first thing in the morning.

Dylans not quite 2 months either but feeds for about 20 mins during the day every 1 and a half hours. And then through the night wakes every hour and feeds for exactly 7 minutes :roll:

again Kai's not quite two months, my LO seems quite a greedy boy in comparison :lol:
he feeds for well over 20 mins, more like 30 to 40 minutes if I will allow it. I think he only feeds for 20 minutes or so efficiently and the rest is more comfort sucking then anything. He feeds every 2-3 hours at the moment, then after 6 hours at night where he has another 20 minute feed.

I think each baby varies as shown just by the responses to this thread and whatever your bubba is doing suits you guys :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back