FOOKIN NEIGHBOURS...HOW DARE THEY..(RANT SORRY)

rhian85

Reaction score
okay sorry if this bores u but im so angry :twisted: :twisted:,
okay we moved here 4 weeks ago next door is a ouple who are a bit strange. anyway we have a german shepered dog who we got from the RSPCA 4 years ago after a week of having her we notied she was weeing her self (has no bladder control) so we rang the RSPCA to ask them about it they denied knowladge of it. BUT told us we could bring her back and get a refund WTF???

anyway we had to give her a kennle outside as she was soaking carpets. she still lives outside in our new house and heighbours have REPORTED US TO THE RSPCA :shock: :x and the reason for it was because she was living outside and whimpering on bonfire night :shock:

yes she does live outside but has an insulated kennle with soft frsh bedding everyday, she is played with walked and fed well. we couldnt beleive it when the rspca man knocked at the door today

stupid twats next dor how dare they why not come round and tell us if they have a problem rather than do somethign like that GGGGGRRRRRR

sorry rant over feel better now :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

eejits how dare they do that. id have it out with them. rspca man would check your dog to see if its being looked after aswell :) maybe put newspaper all over the carpet to catch the wee :)

RSPCA guy looked at dog and said she looks very well cared 4.. we tryed using newspaper but she really has bad loss of urine not really hygeinic with a baby around so she is outside but has a £400 kenle with insulation and clean bedding every day. im just so annoyed with them

Sorry but I don't think they should be lambasted for what they did. I guess it must be horrible to have the RSPCA come out especially if you are such a good pet owner but I am glad there are people looking out for animals, too many people just turn a blind eye. The RSPCA would have seen that your dog was well cared for and would say so. I would rather someone called the RSPCA if they had any concerns about my animals as I know they are cared for, but if I was missing anyhting then I know they would give me advice. Plus like you said you have only been there for a month, your neighbours might not have known how to approach you.

TBH if I saw a dog had been left outside and was crying on Bonfire Night then I would do a similar thing, especially if the neighbours were new as I'd feel awkward how to approach them. I wouldn't know that it was because the dog had a bladder problem, I'd just be worried that it was scared out of its wits with the fireworks going off. I don't mean to offend you and I'm not saying that you're a bad owner, you sound like you take great care of your pet, but personally I can understand their actions and don't think they deserve to be 'given what for' just for looking out for an animal :oops:

Just a tip - if you are having to replace bedding every day and wash it cause its been wee'd on try using straw. Its really warm, the dog can snuggle into it and you can throw it away/ burn it when you clean the kennel every day :D

It is annoying that your neighbours didn't come and speak to you so you could explain why doggy is outside.

I can't believe the rspca said who reported you too, so much for their confidentiality thing, hope this doesn't stop people reporting any animals they are concerned for

sorry but i agree with the reporting, I would have reported it as well. Personally rather than have a go at whoever it was I would talk to them and say thank you for being so concentious (sp) and maybe invite them to meet you and the 'family' so that they can see what responsible people you really are. I reported my old neighbours about their dogs and regarding the confidentiality I think they asked me if the neighbours asked who reported them could they say, due to the circumstances regarding me reporting them I said YES,

I agree with the reporting even though its horrible - ive had it done to me so i know how your feeling.
They were just concerned.

oh my goodness.

now we have a situation here.

the people reporing you should not be berated for doing so. They were concerned for the dog. I have to say i would have been too. i hate to see animals in distress. Even dogs and i am not a dog lover.
They do not know the details about you and your dog.

The RSPCA should not have told you who reported you either (or are you just assuming it was them).

if more people were pro active like your neighbours and reported things they didn't like the look of less animals would suffer. less children would get abused :)

grrrr i have no confidence in the rspca at all one of my neighbours decided i wasnt looking after my cat properly as he was a bit thin and had a bad eye so she stole my cat and phoned the rspca who also decided the cat had a bad eye and took him to the local vets where i had to go to collect him and he would only be released back to me if the vets said he was ok :evil: i spoke to the vet who took one look at the cat and said he was fine and that the eye injury they were talking about was an old one and was ok and they should have realised that being rspca grrrr
he was run over at the age of 2 and had his eye knocked half way out of its socket it was put back in during an operation but was blind in that eye so always looked horrible he was 17 when they took him the eye injury was actually 15 years old and the so called experienced bloody rspca thought he was being abused cheeky gits :evil: :evil: :evil:
the amount of stress they put my cat under was terrible he was kept in a tiny cage for hours before the vets were given permision to return him to me as for the neighbour who took him i told her that the vet had given him a clean bill of health and she said she didnt agree with it and would do it again if she seen him outside some people are just horrid spiteful gits xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Rhian

We have a kennel & run for our 2 dogs, they go in the kennel during the day & are fine. They have each other for company & have pigs ears :puke: , bones & toys etc.
I can understand why you are so annoyed, they should have spoken to you about it first.

Sorry about this bit .......

BUT I don't think it is right to have left the dog outside while fireworks are going off- its just my opinion, I couldn't bear the thought of the poor dog out there it would break my heart, I made sure mine were in the house with me.

Im glad there are people looking out for animals. Your neighbours didnt know you or the dog and in my book were doing the right thing. Sorry your feeling were hurt but I have reported ppl to the RSPCA before myself (mostly as a part of my job)

I agree with the reporting too. Too many animals are put through terrible ordeals and nothing is done about it. If I was in your position I'd be proud that the RSPCA came round and said that my animal was well looked after and being treated properly :hug:

I understand your frustration that the neighbours didn't approach you but if my neighbours had only lived next door for 4 weeks I'd not feel like I knew them well enough to approach them about their dog.

If you are certain that it was the neighbours who made the complaint (and the RSPCA shouldn't have told you who complained) then I would go round and speak to them and thank them for their concern about your pet and explain why the dog has to live outside and I'd ask them that if they have any future questions or worries that they approach you.

The RSPCA are ignorant morons anyway, tis a well known fact especially in the rural world. There are plenty of other organsiations who actually know their arse from their elbow. Just check out this website.....

http://cheetah.webtribe.net/~animadversion/

**C** said:
The RSPCA are ignorant morons anyway,

is that the RSPCA as a whole or has an individual RSPCA officer pee'd you off and represented the entire force?

**C** said:
tis a well known fact especially in the rural world.

Is this the whole hunting/ shooting/farming argument? If so I live in the country please don't include me!

I used to foster pregnant and difficult to rehome cats for the RSPCA and always found them to be very caring and responsible. Most of them are volunteers and do it because they love animals so much, so the statement that they are all morons is a bit of a sweeping statement!! Also, remember that they see abused and neglected animals every day, which must be heartbreaking for them, so if they are over cautious sometimes then I dont blame them one bit.

Back on topic though.....

I agree with the others that your neighbours were doing the right thing (if you know it was them) and a quick friendly chat to explain the situation is all that is needed. Im sure you would have done the same if the situation was reversed. Im also a little confused as to why your dog was left outside with fireworks anyway, surely making him a bed up inside for a few nights wouldnt of hurt? Im not having a go, just seeing it from the other point of view.

is there no medication your dog could take for his urinating?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back