Foods.. like this..? improve chance of BFP?

soffphie

Reaction score
Hi, i saw a post the other day and cant find it now.. :(

Is it true its beneficial to have the following foods: (im thinking of purposly adding to shopping list!) :)

1. Protein shakes? (i swear i read someone started these and suddenly got BFP?)
2. Dark Chocolate? (internet search)
3. Bananas? (for the man)
4. Tomatoes instead of Cucumber? (tomatoes is better then cucumber?)

*anyone else add something to suddenly get a BFP?

I know ive asked about this on another thread but i figure id ask here aswell as just doing food shops for the week :)

I was drinking protein shakes every morning for breakfast up until TTC. The brand I had said to avoid during pregnancy so I actually stopped when TTC but it might have helped in the run up. And I love dark chocolate!

The only other thing that I have heard helps is making sure you're getting enough vitamin D. In the UK this will probably mean supplements as its hard to get enough sunlight in the winter.

I was drinking protein shakes every morning for breakfast up until TTC. The brand I had said to avoid during pregnancy so I actually stopped when TTC but it might have helped in the run up. And I love dark chocolate!

The only other thing that I have heard helps is making sure you're getting enough vitamin D. In the UK this will probably mean supplements as its hard to get enough sunlight in the winter.

So you stopped protein shakes before ttc? Why?
I was only thinking of buying 1 or 2 a week as they are very expensive (£1.50+ a bottle) so every day be a lot.
Yeh we take vitamin D sups

There’s certain diets that lots of women follow in the run up to ivf egg retrieval to get better quantity and quality eggs, so is overall very good for fertility even if you are not doing ivf, think it’s largely gluten/sugar/dairy free, consisting mostly of high protein and vitamin containing foods like lean meats, vegetables, nuts, whole grains etc, basically not processed food and not dairy as the westernised dairy we consume is thought to disrupt the balance of hormones, nuts like Brazil and walnuts supposed to be particularly good for fertility especially for the man, generally the less processed foods your diet contains the better, I think the book ‘it starts with the egg’ contains a lot of info about fertility diets x

Not sure it's a matter of one item specifically but a generally healthy diet, more alkaline than acidic, lots of vegetables and non-processed food. There are books on fertility diets. I wouldn't imagine choosing between tomatoes and cucumbers is going to make a huge difference, both sound like a good idea. Vitamin C is good for EWCM which is important.

Like Sunflower said, I'd just stick with healthy food iso junk food, processed foods and take out meals. Exercising is key too I believe. Interval training is easy and fast, it really boosts your energy and state of mind.
I'm on a diet now since i want to lose a few pounds to boost my fertility. I ordered these powders which have everything an adult would need on a daily basis. You could even just live off those shakes but it does kill the social part of eating.
I don't think there is anything wrong with protein shakes since I used to take them after a heavy work out, those big tubs in powder form are much cheaper than single use drink cartons.
Drink enough water too iso sugar loaded carbonated drinks and take folic acid and vitamin D3 daily.

Hope this cycle is your lucky one Sophie!x

So you stopped protein shakes before ttc? Why?
I was only thinking of buying 1 or 2 a week as they are very expensive (£1.50+ a bottle) so every day be a lot.
Yeh we take vitamin D sups

I read on the packet that it said not to take while pregnant and freaked myself out! What it probably means is not to go replacing meals while pregnant and is probably completely fine while TTC. I also had a powder so it was cheaper and I was replacing breakfast with it as I was too lazy to even make toast before work! If you get it from a pharmacy or Holland and Barrett they should be able to tell you which ones are safe and if it doesn't say anything on the packaging I'm sure it's fine.

I just went a bit mad and lived like I was already pregnant while TTC and was very lucky I fell quickly as I would have probably got bored and given that up very quickly if I had to try for a few months!

When I did acupuncture, my acupuncturist really promoted the alkaline diet. That and warm foods after ov.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back