Food Poisoning :(

skimpy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I wish i were chatting to you under better circumstances, but unfortunately not. After eating a dodgyh risotto (the rice was undercooked) yesterday, I was suddenly struck down with food poisoning this evening. I was driving home and my stomach became so sore that it caused me to feel faint. I didnt have long to go until i was home, so attempted to complete the journey. The faintness got worse until i all but lost my vision and had to pull up in a layby. I opened the car door, not sure if i was going to totally faint or be sick. The pain got worse. decided to try and walk it off (it is snowing up here tonight!!) Next thing i know i have collapsed. quickly regained consiousness and returned to the car. Really dont want to divulge what happened next (tmi) but im sure you can guess.

One mile away from home, in a layby, thinking i was dying, and i crapped myself. literally.

Anyways I feel better now. Just wondering if this will have any affect on the little one?

So sorry for telling you the details, it really hit me fast and without warning, absolutely nothing i could do. it is so embarassing. Just hope that the didgy rice or whatever it was is out of my system now, and that my baby is going to be ok.

how awful, you poor thing :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope you feel much better soon, it must have been horrific. I would have sobbed my way home!

Blossom said:
how awful, you poor thing :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope you feel much better soon, it must have been horrific. I would have sobbed my way home!

I did sob all the way home. i was terrified in case it came over me again. scary when you lose vision :cry:

Oh sweet heart you poor thing!!! :( :hug:
I'm sure the baby will be fine but id give the docs aring tommorow to aks them for advice. They will prob say its ok but id ring for piece of mind.
Hope you feel better soon love.
:hug:

omg hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

so glad you made it home!! Id go and visit the doctor tommorrow just to be on safeside so they can check you over. Hope you have someone to look after you now. Keep yourself hydrated

xx

aww sweetie, that must have been awful :hug:

make sure you're drinking plenty and give your m/w a ring tomorrow for peace of mind xxx :hug:

I think debecca had food poisoning from rice, and her bubs is fine. They are well protected in there and we bear the brunt of any illness.
I'd phone your midwife for a chat if I were you, it will put your mind at rest.
I hope you're feeling better soon :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
After all these storys I've gone off rice, I never knew it could make you so ill! :shock:

i had no idea you could get food poisoning from rice :oops:

I didn't know that either.

That's such a shame you must have been really scared, I know I would have been.

Drink lots of water to flush it out of the system. I would call doc and have appointment tomorrow.

If it is food poisoning it's best also to avoid dairy products whilst you are ill as the bacteria in the gut feed on the dairy products and the symptoms can last longer.

Hope you feel better soom hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww i hope you are feeling much better now. i knew rice could do nasty things but thought it was more a case of being very careful when reheating it, rather than cooking it.

sure bubs is just fine and will be laughing about this is years to come :hug:

Rice is actually worse for food poisoning than prawns or chicken, if its not cooked or reheated properly!!

I had food poisoning with my first baby, she was fine, Dr said that she would still be getting everythong she needed from my stores, it was just me that was ill! Just keep yourself hydrated :)

Thats terrible i hope your feeling better today but i would go to the docs for a check up to be on the safe side. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Debecca did have something similar from rice and she and Connie are fine now but im sure she will be around later to tell you.

Thats an awful and scarry experience.

My SIL got food poisoning when she was pregnant and I would advise you to go to see your GP. They need to make sure your baby is still getting all the nutrients it needs.

A lot of the food we are not allowed to eat when pregnant is to try and ensure we dont contract food poisioning so go & get checked out straight away. Also if the risotto was purchased from a restaurant then something needs to be done or else others are at risk too.

Hope you feel better soon.

sarafet said:
i had no idea you could get food poisoning from rice :oops:

Rice is one of the worst culprits for food poisoning in people. Mostly as people don't reheat it properly and it must be piping hot if reheated. It can cause a nasty bout if not cooked throughly :(

Oh my God, only just seen this - POOR YOU! :cry:

I did indeed have food poisoning (rice from a Chinese which had been recooked one too many times - Environmental Health have been to the establishment and caused a scene!). I can't remember exactly when it was, but think I may have been about 16 weeks. My doctor said it is EXTREMELY unlikely to affect the baby UNLESS you get dehydrated - so keep your fluid intake up.

Bubs will be fine, just make sure that you get lots of rest, and the advice I was given was not to attempt to do anything until at least 48 hours after you started vomitting / diarrheoa.

Hope this helps - please look after yourself hun xxx

aww skimpy. hope your ok soon!

xxxxxxxxx HUGS xxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27