Food intolerances

Kelly1991

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Looking for a bit of advice/ thoughts. I am currently dairy free and gluten free due to intolerance. Does anyone have intolerances? I am concerned that my baby might have the same intolerances as me. I mentioned it at my 16 week scan with my doctor and I was told not to worry as baby growth is fine. When I had my test results everything was fine.Any thoughts?

Its difficult to say, baby might share your food intolerances and that would be totally hereditary, nothing you can do about it really. Breastfed babies tend to have less intolerances so it would be wise to try that if you can (having said that, I breastfed my son and he's the most allergic person ever).
However, you just need to eat the diet that suits you to stay healthy. So stick to whatever it is that you eat now, baby gets all their nutrients from the placenta anyway at this stage xx

Hi I'm celiac so cannot eat gluten. My daughter who is 10 is due for a blood test but I'll wait until she's older. She's not showing any signs at all and is scared to have the test.

Ive mentioned it a few times to various drs and they don't have any real concerns which is good but have offere it if we want to

Its difficult to say, baby might share your food intolerances and that would be totally hereditary, nothing you can do about it really. Breastfed babies tend to have less intolerances so it would be wise to try that if you can (having said that, I breastfed my son and he's the most allergic person ever).
However, you just need to eat the diet that suits you to stay healthy. So stick to whatever it is that you eat now, baby gets all their nutrients from the placenta anyway at this stage xx

So is mine princess81 he was on the boob for over 3 years and is anaphylactic to wheat eggs peanut, tree nuts and sesame

So is mine princess81 he was on the boob for over 3 years and is anaphylactic to wheat eggs peanut, tree nuts and sesame
Crikey! My boys main issue was dairy - dietary wise. However he’s allergic to very type of pollen that there is, and to most animals too. Did you have antibiotics in labour, or did he have them as a newborn? We had both and I swear that’s played a part in it x

Crikey! My boys main issue was dairy - dietary wise. However he’s allergic to very type of pollen that there is, and to most animals too. Did you have antibiotics in labour, or did he have them as a newborn? We had both and I swear that’s played a part in it x

Funny enough i did because I tested positive for group strep B earlier on in my pregnancy with him.

My doctor told me that I have to eat fish, but I just can't... It is something that I can't do since I was a kid. I went fishing with my uncle once, and I was so happy to catch a fish. When we got home I told everyone that I will eat the biggest one. From the first bite I got sick and that was it for the fish and me. I found some good replacements for fish on my new app that helps me with my diet. You can eat healthy in a lot of ways.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back