Food intolerances

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by Kelly1991, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Kelly1991

Kelly1991 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. Looking for a bit of advice/ thoughts. I am currently dairy free and gluten free due to intolerance. Does anyone have intolerances? I am concerned that my baby might have the same intolerances as me. I mentioned it at my 16 week scan with my doctor and I was told not to worry as baby growth is fine. When I had my test results everything was fine.Any thoughts?

2. Princess81

Princess81 Well-Known Member

Its difficult to say, baby might share your food intolerances and that would be totally hereditary, nothing you can do about it really. Breastfed babies tend to have less intolerances so it would be wise to try that if you can (having said that, I breastfed my son and he's the most allergic person ever).
    However, you just need to eat the diet that suits you to stay healthy. So stick to whatever it is that you eat now, baby gets all their nutrients from the placenta anyway at this stage xx

3. Dandylion

Dandylion Member

Hi I'm celiac so cannot eat gluten. My daughter who is 10 is due for a blood test but I'll wait until she's older. She's not showing any signs at all and is scared to have the test.

Ive mentioned it a few times to various drs and they don't have any real concerns which is good but have offere it if we want to

4. TTC no2

TTC no2 Well-Known Member

So is mine princess81 he was on the boob for over 3 years and is anaphylactic to wheat eggs peanut, tree nuts and sesame

5. Princess81

Princess81 Well-Known Member

Crikey! My boys main issue was dairy - dietary wise. However he’s allergic to very type of pollen that there is, and to most animals too. Did you have antibiotics in labour, or did he have them as a newborn? We had both and I swear that’s played a part in it x

6. TTC no2

TTC no2 Well-Known Member

Funny enough i did because I tested positive for group strep B earlier on in my pregnancy with him.