Food for all the family!

toni64539

Reaction score
Right, I need some help please ladies if u will,,,,, Let it be known, I am a TERRIBLE cook, can't cook for toffee, and I HATE it, don't enjoy it at all, would rather do ten hours of ironing than ten mins of cooking!! Anyway, I'm a mum and a wife so I guess I'm stuck with it for the next 50 or so years!!!! Soooo, please, please PLEASE give me some inspiration! I need some meal ideas/recipies that I can do for us all too eat, so they have to be suitable for a two year old, I mean I know he can eat most things, but like fajitas or something wouldn't be a good one for Solomon! Ha. I mean I do, Spag Bol, lasagne, cottage pie, fish cakes, stir fry, curry before adding spice, paella and things like that that he can eat, but I need some more ideas. What do you mummy's cook and recipies would be great! I'm really thick when it comes to cooking so laymans terms please!! Ha!

Thank you!!

Bit random but I love cooking and have a huge collection of books

This is by far the best hearty and simple book I have ever owned and refer to all the time!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0600609650
It's by Hamlyn called The Student cook book

It had all the simple staple meals in there, simple basic dishes and all tasty. My Jamie Oliver's are gathering dust!

Honestly if you hate cooking this is the one you need!xx

Ps everything you mentioned in your post is in this book!! I never read it as a student but I refer to this all the time.

The fish pie, spag bols etc are easy no extravagant ingredients and its budgeted for students so its cheap to follow as far as the ingredients go. Flap jack and brownie recipie are great too!xx

This is by far the best hearty and simple book I have ever owned and refer to all the time!

It had all the simple staple meals in there, simple basic dishes and all tasty. My Jamie Oliver's are gathering dust!

Ive just ordered that book looks fab!
we tend to eat the same few meals..
spag bol, curry, crispy chicken (made with cous cous for the coating) , fish etc
ive recently discovered pie is pretty easy to make!
best thing we did was buy a spice rack, lots of ingredients have herbs etc but we didnt use enough of the fresh ones and it just went off!

x

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

get a slow cooker, and use Shwartz slow cooker sachets! an example of the sausage and bean one

brown sausages (I have used pork, venison and fancy pork and leak ones so it doesnt matter)
put sausages into slow cooker

add
1 diced onion (i use frozen diced onion, so no chopping!)
1 can barlotti or butter beans
1 can chopped tomatos
the shwartz sachet

mix and leave for 4hrs on high, or 8hrs on low.

I chop up potatos and throw them in too so its a one pot dish!

I LOVE my slow cooker. I do currys, casseroles and everything in seconds. And can do it all during little uns first nap and then am free for the rest of the day.

and its good so that I can eat mine when I want, and hubby can get his whenever he gets home with is anywhere from 6.15 to 7.30

Thank you very much! Will definitely get that book! Lynds do those sachets have a lot of salt in? For LO?

yeah they have salt in, but no idea how much.

the ingredients list is just things like paprika, oregano, garlic powder, etc etc so guess you could make your own up? thousands of slow cooker recipes online. x

Ive just ordered that book looks fab!
we tend to eat the same few meals..
spag bol, curry, crispy chicken (made with cous cous for the coating) , fish etc
ive recently discovered pie is pretty easy to make!
best thing we did was buy a spice rack, lots of ingredients have herbs etc but we didnt use enough of the fresh ones and it just went off!

x

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

Hope you like it! It's just a good simple book xx

I just find that the all the things Id realistically make for an evening meal are in there plus really simple stuff like pancakes! I have a herb rack too.... I love Paprika or Italian herbs :)

I am rubbish and cooking too and really lack inspiration. I am also dead fussy which doens't help! I find the BBC food website fairly good for recipes...there was a sausage pasta bake recipe on there that I made and my OH couldn't get enough of it, told his boss about it and everything...my OH is a chef! I've never been so proud in my life haha xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back