Food - Does this sound ok?!?!

SarahH

Reaction score
It is Thanksgiving here on Thursday and we have all been invited to my husbands cousins house for the day and dinner....

Anyways, there is about 20-25 people going and each person (or family members at least) get asked to take a certain thing... well I have been appointed Starters.

Since there are so many people, it is just going to be a buffet, rather than a sit down meal.... how do these sound?!?

* Chicken Samosas
* Bruchetta
* Bacon & Veggie Pin Wheels (Pastry with Philidelphia cheese, bacon, spring onion and tomatoes mix rolled up in to a long long and cut into slices)
* Brown Sugar Sausages (Little baby sauseages, wrapped in bacon baked with Brown sugar sprinkled on them)

Any other suggestions would be gladly received!

Sounds lovely but if it was me I'd get down marks and sparks and buy some vol au vonts (sp) haha and some fruit, like melon and maybe get some sorbet, thats nice and refreshing as a starter.

When we have dinner at my nans she always gets M&S volauvonts (sp) haha and they're delicious!

whatever you do it will be cracking :wink:

Pinwheels.
We are having a thanksgiving dinner.A friend of the family is originally from Texas, she's been over here about 13 years now so we are having a thanksgiving dinner for her:D

Mmmm it all sounds good to me, especially those sausages.

zebrastripes said:
Pinwheels.
We are having a thanksgiving dinner.A friend of the family is originally from Texas, she's been over here about 13 years now so we are having a thanksgiving dinner for her:D

Awww... whereabouts in Texas is she from.... I'm in Houston just now (well about an hour south of it)

No M&S? thats crazy talk :lol:

Make your own then, they're only pastry with filling. My nan gets creamy mushroom ones, tomatoe ones and some fishy salmony ones.

how helpful am I? :oops:

not

Ooo sounds yummy!!!! :D

@ Lou, I made myself some vol-au-vents the other night with prawns for a midnight snack LOL

Tillytots said:
Ooo sounds yummy!!!! :D

@ Lou, I made myself some vol-au-vents the other night with prawns for a midnight snack LOL

omg how the hell did you do that? or did you just get em from iceland or summet? :lol:

SarahH said:
zebrastripes said:
Pinwheels.

Awww... whereabouts in Texas is she from.... I'm in Houston just now (well about an hour south of it)

She's from Houston too...not sure if she's right in or just outside of it though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back