Food aversion

Mrsbee

Reaction score
Ladies is anyone else struggling with aversions? I can barely stomach any food. I can't stand meat anymore even the thought makes me feel sick. Anything slightly fatty is a no no. It's more the thought of any food turns my stomach. The only thing I'm really managing is milk and some toast xx

Yes my aversions are intense. I usually have big breakfasts (sweet potato and eggs or something) and today I had to force down cold cereal and rice milk. Ugh it's awful! I didn't have nausea with my first 2 either and I have it bad this time too.

Anything I think "I fancy that" as soon as I put it in my mouth it tastes awful! The joys of pregnancy haha

Was looking forward to DH's spaghetti & meatballs with mushrooms all day, took one whiff of the meat part earlier and had to just eat the pasta, sauce, mushrooms and cheese...

Same with my tuna melt panini at lunch, the fish tasted really strong, managed to eat that though, just, had to avoid half the veggie crisps I had to go with it though :(

I went off food too.
I still can't stand the thought (or smell) of baked beans, and I used to really like them & my 9yr old practically lived off them, but has only had them a handful of times in the last 10 weeks as I can't stomach warming them :(

Most food tastes nice whilst I'm actually eating it, but afterwards I feel really sick especially if I can still taste it :/

I used to love curry from a particular local restaurant, but I've only had it a handful of times and afterwards I feel pretty sick, so it's really put me off now. Suppose it's a good thing for my purse haha!

Same with pizza... craved it loads in the first 10 weeks, but every time I had it (3 occasions) I ended up feeling really sick and bloated afterwards and now I can't bare the thought of it.

Also completely gone off gravy and strong/rich tomato sauces, I'm having gravy occasionally but making it really weak, and favouring a really plain/basic/mild tomato pasta sauce.

The one good thing is I was dairy free/vegan (apart from the occasional egg from my own hens) and in the first trimester I wanted "real" cheese, but since then I've completely gone off it and am liking/favouring vegan cheese again which is a good thing lol.

Phoenix I've pretty much gone off everything you have although I had beans yesterday and quite enjoyed it. I used to love really thick gravy over a roast dinner... Can't stomach the gravy or the roast anymore. I'm a bit worried I'm not giving enough nutrients or food to the baby, I'm a bigger lady anyway but I barely eat now because it makes me feel awful, but that can't be good for the baby :(. So I will force 3 main meals down xx

Meat is gross at the mo, made a spag Bol last night and then couldn't eat it. Simple food is working for me though like a bowl of cereal, toast, soup so at least I'm eating x

I'm the opposite I can't stop eating �� Going to be the size of a house! Xx

I absolutely can't believe how much I have gone off food, and I do not remember this the first time round so that is weird. I feel sick all day every day and am actually sick 4-5 times a day, after a nice healthy jacket and salad with beans for lunch I threw it up, just had a home made chicken tika masala with rice and I have so far managed to keep it down, its so frustrating because I feel even more sick when I am hungry.

I can only stomach plain toast, fizzy water, and sometimes some super noodles and those are the only things that I haven't thrown up, but feel really sick after I have eaten them.

I hope all of us can start to manage food with second trimester! I would like to soooo much eat and not feel sick xx

Lol I'm eating super noodles too! Not great as they don't have anything nutritional in them but if we can stomach them it's better than feeling sick cos we're hungry! X

Yeah that's my logic on super noodles they are just to make me keep some food down! I'm actually anxious waking up in the mornings knowing I'm going to go throw my guts up once I've eaten toast. It's really annoying. I struggle at work to hide this pregnancy because I am so sick! Xx

Are you going to tell people after your scan? You might find people who know you well have already guessed. Over the past few years I've known quite a lot of ladies in work have been preg but obvs I don't say anything until they're ready to tell x

So glad im not alot. I cant eat any meats all all either.... The thought boak! Living on cereals, toast, pasta x

Mine is cereal and toast :/ I thought I'd have some chips tonight... Nope that was a no go. I'm a bit concerned I'm not feeding baby enough as I eat less now than I did before I was pregnant by quite a lot actually xx

Mine is cereal and toast :/ I thought I'd have some chips tonight... Nope that was a no go. I'm a bit concerned I'm not feeding baby enough as I eat less now than I did before I was pregnant by quite a lot actually xx

Baby uses your stores a lot, often why you lose a little bit in the first few weeks even if you're not throwing everything back up etc.

Lxx

I've had absolutely nothing, but then I am an absolute hog hehe! My friend however struggled horrifically with sickness and food evasion and was told from the midwife that baby would take all it needed from her and as long as she was kept hydrated and managed to take her pregnancy vits baby would be fine! It's so common and i feel so badly for you all :( hope it eases off soon! xox

Thank you Bex, it's a relief to know baby will be ok, not sure what it means for me haha but never mind as long as baby is okay xxx

I take a lot of vitamins as I used to be borderline with my Vit D levels, that affects your calcium absorption etc. I need to find a good iron one that's not in with a load of vitamin A.

Lander I don't really know much about vitamins I take pregnacare combined but that's all. Do I need to be taking more tha that??..xxxx

Lander I don't really know much about vitamins I take pregnacare combined but that's all. Do I need to be taking more tha that??..xxxx

As long as you eat a good variety, no probably not, pregnacare covers a good deal.

I've just had a lot of reactive/inflammatory issues over the last two years and increasing my vitamin and mineral intake via supplements has helped. The low Vit D was actually seen on a blood test, so GP advised additional Vit D.

I found the extra Magnesium and Zinc have helped immensly with mood issues and the aches and bloating I had with the inflammation (theory is that I had some kind of long term reaction to repeat UTIs & antibiotics after my second mc in 2013).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back