Follicular Monitoring Scans

Sugarpop

Reaction score
Having my first monitoring scan on friday. I forgot to ask if I need a full bladder or not...Help?!

All of mine (for ivf) have been internal scan so empty bladder but maybe call them to check xx

Mine were internal as well so empty bladder. Best to be on the safe like lisey said though and check xx

Mine she wanted to do both external & internal so had to have full bladder then go pee but I'm not sure if she did okor checks at the same time.

Last edited:
Best thing is to go with a full bladder and if it needs to be empty they will tell you to go for a wee anyway :)

Worst for me is i have a tilted uterus so they ask me to drink more but apparently Im "naturally hydrated" so sometimes if I don't get in on time (last appointment they made me drink 1.5l then made me wait 1.5 hours past my appointment I tell you I was about to burst!) I got in there she said I had too much in my bladder I was like "Tell me about it" she then told me I had to go and empty half of it.... geez.... you mean you want me to go and stop half way what a cruel mistress she was!

Last time I went with a full bladder I went the loo because they kept me waiting. I stopped myself after a lil bit & it was still bloody full! Best part was she came out & said she was waiting! No love, I was waiting for you to stop talking to the other nurses!

I hope the women and men scanning us have felt what it's like to drink so much then be kept waiting! It should be part of their mandatory training! Maybe then there will be a little less gossip a little more scanning and fewer puddles to mop up for the cleaners lol

I bet some ladies do literally burst! It's the worst feeling because as soon as they touch your stomach you feel like your about to pee lol

Only ever had an internal for my Hycosy test. Is it just the same as that?

Oh my God!

I can't remember, my hycosy was so long ago. But it's not painful or anything. You're on the bed, legs wide open, and a camera is shoved up you with a condom and lube on. They have a good look around inside to count the follicles etc but it's fine xx

Talking of late appointments, I've got my epilepsy one at 11:40 on Friday but my repeat NK cell at 1pm. I hope the first isn't too late or I'll be late for the second (at the same hospital), eek! Xx

Atleast it's at the same hospital! Gives you a fighting chance to make them both, even if the 1st one is running a bit late!

My internals have all been empty bladder and then how phonix describes. Good luck sugar hope there are some juicy follicles growing :)

Feeling a bit blah today. Majorly bloated/retaining water. I look like I've put a stone on overnight!

How did the scan go? I have had a few cycles of clomid without tracking which were unsuccessful (no ovulation) and am now on my first clomid cycle after ovarian drilling. I have my first tracking scan tomorrow and I can't concentrate in work because I'm too nervous about whether it will have worked this time or not! I haven't had a positive OPK yet but there was a definite line there this morning and normally I don't get anything, so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

It was too early really. I had one follicle at 11MM but it was only CD10. I've read online that they grow up to 2mm a day so I'm fairly happy.

My OPKs have gotten darker today so hoping to ovulate tonight or tomorrow. I've never had such good line progression on an OPK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back