Follicle Tracking Scan Tomorrow!!

Melanie1982

Reaction score
I have my first scan tomorrow since starting the injections to induce ovulation, I am a little bit nervous as I have been doing them since Friday but have not felt any different, I am hoping they are working and that I will get at least one they think will continue growing. Is it 17mm they have to grow to?...I last done this in 2009 and can not remember what size they have to get too..

I really hope it will work :-(

For IVF they like you to have 3 over 18mm, so maybe it's just 18mm for a couple of follicles :)

I didn't feel any different until i had about 8 follicles above 13mm so i wouldn't worry about ti as you aren't expected to have anywhere near that many.

I really hope that the scan is promising :good:

Thanks Louise, I thought you may know. Good luck to you too, I am still stalking your thread :)

If there is one I will be happy because at least it will mean my body may finally be starting to do something that it should be doing for once!!

Are you taking follic acid? My friend recommended that I should be taking it whilst doing the injections although she hasn't been through any fertility treatment herself..

Good luck today x

I never felt anything when i was growing my follicles. Any over 18mm are good to go.

Oh they will look at your lining too

Hope its brill news x x x

Hey ladies!!

So I went for my scan today and they said it was still early but there was one follicle they thought would take! I have to say I was a little disappointed as was hoping for 2 but I have to go again Friday and continue with the injections. She did say that they are only hoping for 1 good size follicle so I shouldn't be that disappointed.

Fingers crossed it will grow in the next few days!!

You only need one good follicle hun, fingers crossed its nice and plump by Friday xxx

That's great Mel :good:

You're responding!!!! :)

You should be taking folic acid though. It's a very important preconception supplement so go buy some asap ;)

Hey ladies....

So I had another scan today not brilliant follicle had only grown 1mm!! It is now about 8, they have increased my injections to 1.25miu so I guess I will have to see on Monday when I go back if that helps....It's going to be a long weekend!!

Well, follicle scanning isn't an exact science - it seems to be down to interpretation so maybe the first women was too generous and the women you have is a bit over cautious?

How big is the follicle now? xx

Hi Louise

How are you feeling today? I hope you are ok.

The nurse I had today is the top one so maybe you are right! It is only measuring at 8mm and I am cycle day 8! It had only grown 1mm in 2 days. I am hoping that by increasing the dose will help. Although my nurse said that I have lots of smaller follicles and they don't want to over stimulate me so only increased it slightly. Xx

I'm good thanks :) I've had a good day, mostly.

Having to have passport photos taken is never a happy experience. I always look like crap on them anyway :roll:

Does cycle day 8 = day 8 of stims?

8mm on stim day 8 is still capable of reaching a mature size as early as stim day 11 according to my records :)

You would like 1-2mm each day but even if just 1mm you'd be ok by stim day 14 - i don't know when they want you to be ready for trigger though.

Sorry but are you bd naturally or having IUI?

It shouldn't really matter how big the smaller ones get as long as they aren't expected to be over 14mm when they are released xx

I started the stims on cycle day 2 so today will be be day 7 on stims. We are Bd naturally, although I kinda wish we went for iui to improve our chances although docs seem ok with his sperm count. That's the only thing that seems to be in our favour. I am a bit deflated but I kinda think that what will be will be. If they grow by 1mm a day hopefully they will get to the right size. The nurse said to me that sometimes people are on stims for up to 26 days which just seemed odd to me!! Have you heard of that before?

Glad you are ok, I hate passport pictures too although my last one reminds me of how slim I used to be which isn't a bad thing!! Xx

If something reminds you of how thin you used to be, doesn't it remind you of how not thin you are now? :eh:

So what is the plan of action with the bd'in? Every third day? Have you started already? You shoud ;)

It does sound pretty bizare someone being on stims for 26 days - i'm pretty sure that they'd pull the plug on the cycle by then. Maybe it doesn't matter though, maybe until you do the trigger then the egg will be maintained quite happily for an indefinate amount of time :)

I thought that too, surely they would cancel the cycle?!

I am feeling really yucky from the stims, I keep getting cramps, feeling sick and feeling exhausted!! Doing the deed is the last thing I want to do right now!! I just want a hot water bottle and my comfy bed!! Lol not the best plan when TTC!!

I will start tomorrow.. Is that not too early? I don't want to use up all his swimmers before the follicle is the right size xx

Hm, i would have thought every 3 days would have been fine. Sorry you don't feel much upto it but i think it's a god idea to have as many already in place as possible for when the egg is released :)

I know you are right!! I need to stop moaning I have been waiting for this opportunity for months, I just read it back and saw how whiny I was being. Thanks Louise you always seem to reassure me :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back