Flying with morning sickness.. help!

Laura1992

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm moving from Asia back to UK next week at 10 and a bit weeks pregnant, with severe morning sickness. I'm travelling on my own, as partner has to stay until the end of next month for work.

I'm bricking it! I'm not a great flier as it is, and this will be 18 hours of flying in total, plus 10 hour stop off. Not worried about stop off, as I've booked a hotel, but I'm really worried about the flying as I've got awful sickness and I'm really sensitive to smells. I dislike the smell of aeroplanes as it is.

Does anyone have any tips or advice? So far, I'm thinking lots of plain snacks, water, sick bags and essential oils to help with the smell. I really hope I can get an aisle seat, too. :help:

Oh gosh - what a nightmare! I can totally relate because I also had savage morning sickness and I am not exactly a keen flyer either.

My best advice to you is try and actually tell the flight attendant, they are so lovely and helpful, keep tonnes of snacks and water on you and try and keep yourself eating and distracted, I know it is easier said than done because I didn't want to eat hardly anything at 10 weeks pregnant and everything I did eat came back up again! But that is the best thing you can do I think, the flight attendant might even have some tips as they are trained in every aspect!

Good luck, I feel ya! xx

Any chance you could upgrade your seat? Failing that I'd let the flight attendents know your situation & would hope they would be sympathetic to you. Xxx

Any chance you could upgrade your seat? Failing that I'd let the flight attendents know your situation & would hope they would be sympathetic to you. Xxx

I could upgrade for 600 quid, but I don't really want to do that seeing as that's more than my ticket was in the first place! Luckily I've been assigned one of those seats in the front row, and it's an aisle seat, so I'll have more leg room and be able to get in and out to the bathroom easily. Thanks xx

Oh bless you :( how horrible.. Yes I would definitely tell the flight attendants as they can be so attentive and lovely and I also was going to suggest some natural oils/rubs to put under your nose. Sounds like you've got all your bases covered, you just need to try and relax. I hate flying too, I can imagine your anxiety levels are through the roof but i'm sure you'll smash it :) xx

Maybe a hand held fan too - getting hot and clammy is the worst..

Travel sickness medication. In Sweden they actually prescribe that for pregnancy sickness, so it's perfectly safe (active ingredient should be called something like meclizine).

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I went to the pharmacy about sickness meds today, but the guy said he recommended against any medicine during pregnancy, so I didn't get anything.

Fight in a couple of hours. I look a right sight with my seabands, surgical facemask and sexy compression socks! Wish me luck! xx

Oh goodness, good luck! I found sucking mints/chewing gum helped too X

Hope you have a safe flight and the sickness eases for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back