Flu-like symptoms

jewel32

Reaction score
I've been feeling like crap lately - constant headache, mild nausea, some throat pain...kinda like I'm coming down with the flu, although nothing's happening! It's the third day now and I just don't know what to do. I phoned my doc and was advised to rest...if I move around I feel much worse, so walking is a no-no.
Can this be pregnancy-related - anyone experience similar symptoms and what did you do?

Sorry i cant help but hope you feel better soon.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yeah I've been feeling the same - like I am going to come down with something but nothing is happening.

Don't think it helps that I teach snotty kids :lol:

hope u feel better soon

:hug:

I know exactly how you feel. I came down with it on Boxing day and was still proper full of cold until last weekend. More or less right as rain now, but it lasted ages and i had a really sore throat, bunged up etc, even spitting out blood. I spent a lot of time in bed resting and had lockets, honey and lemon and paracetemol. I actually went to the drs last wednesday and burst into tears because i was so fed up with it :(

There is a nasty cold/flu going around, I know lots of people who have had it, but teh dr said its harder to fight off when you are pregnant because your body is using all its energy growing a baby.

Make sure you take it easy as much as possible, or you'll be stuck with it for ages

:hug:

:hug: Jewel

In my early pregnancy I did experience flu-like symptoms, these went on for a few months and they did eventually go. I did have constant headaches, ached all over, had a sore throat and felt extremely fatigued. Thankfully it did stop but I did worry I was coming down with something. All I can suggest is that you need to wait until it passes. Obviously if you develop a temperature or you are being sick more than usual I would get in touch with your midwife. Hope this helps.

Thanks ladies...it really helps to know I'm not 'weird' like some of my family has suggested - see, my mom and friends haven't experienced it and think it's strange...scares me even more! I do feel bad for those of you who've experienced the same...and to last for over a month is just ridiculous! I hope it passes soon...just drinking lots of water for now and trying to eat as much as I can....my appetite's diminished.

I really hope we'll all be okay from here on in!

Poor you :hug:

Think I'm getting it too - have headache, nausea and sore throat. Pah.

Hope you're feeling better soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

I've had a cough, cold and sore throat for a few days now. It's annoying not being able to take anything for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back