flu-like and backache?

naomi88

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Really suffering at the moment - not with sickness but literally feel like I've been hit by a bus. Aching everywhere (thighs, arms, chest, lower back) plus headache and bad cough.

Firstly -- any one have any good cold remedies (natural or whatever ) that we are allowed when pregnant?

Secondly -- not sure how worried I should be about the back ache? It's really quite painful now and has kept me awake the last two nights as can't find a position that doesn't make me ache worse. Just figured it was related to the cold but now thinking what if it's something more sinister?

Xxx

Hey Hun, you're allowed to take paracetamol. I've had to this week with my shingles. You could try hot water with honey and lemon. Hot water bottle for the back ache x

Hey! Do you suffer with a bad back before pregnancy?

I do and it's so much worse since being pregnant, all Lower back. Roll on the second trimester so we can all start feeling better xxx

All of the above and I had awful aches and pains everywhere week 5-6, has eased off a bit but finding little flare ups of it every few days now. I think a lot of it, aside form hormones, are from tensing up being anxious etc.

Thanks so much ladies. Are hot water bottles okay? Got a furry holder thing so wouldn't be directly on my back.

Usually a bit nervous about taking anything but think I am going to need to resort to paracetamol as feeling so rough.

Probably right about the being anxious thing lander. And lexi I've had the occasional issue with my back although didn't have a problem in the first pregnancy. Hoping it's not here to stay!

Hope the pain eases for the rest of you and thanks for replying xxx

Yeah hopefully it's just where you're accommodating another person! I hope it's better quickly. Xxx

Thanks hun :) may pop to docs tomorrow if my temp is still up xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back