Flower Pic

Layla

Reaction score
I have been told today that my nan is going around tell all my family that my flowers for the wedding are horrible!

This has really got to me now, so im posting a pic of them on here, please tell me honestly wether you lot think they are aswell, coz im thinking of changing them now

Picture008.jpg

Hi Layla,

That's a bit mean! When's your wedding? I take it it's soon. As it's winter I think they are perfect, they seem quite christmasy. If they were for a summer wedding I personally wouldn't choose them because the colours are winter ones, but that's the only reason.
Good choice.

Nicki.x :D

Hi Nicki,

The wedding is on the 12th Nov, so just over a week away.

personally i think there beautiful.LOVE the black

stick to yr choice,, there lovley and its YR wedding.

good luck xxx

i dont think they are horrible just xmasy!!
and very good for time of year!!
tell ur nan stop poking nose in and its ur wedding!!

layla i think they are lovely hun but even if i didnt its wether you like them that counts nobody else matters as long as your happy it dont matter what anyone else thinks
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Very festive, i like the colour contrast.

what made you think of putting black in your bouquet? I have honestly never seen it before in flower arrangements but it makes a very nice change to whites etc.

I love anything different, so i definately wouldn't change them BUT Grandmas are all the same, set in their ways of tradition etc

It's YOUR day, no one elses (except husband to be!!) so if they don't like it then they don't have to look!!

:D

Why don't you get one traditional white/pink bouquet and plonk it down in front of your nan seat to give her the message you heard about her comments!?

This is one day when you get to do things your way so do whatever you like!

Layla, they are beautiful! From what you have told me about your dress colors before, these flowers will go perfectly!

Why can't people keep their comments to themselves. My ex-husband got married 2 years ago, and his wife wore a deep blue gothic style dress with flowing long sleeves, which to be honest, I though looked bloody horrendous!!! But when he showed me the pictures, he obviously though she looked beautiful, so my first comment was 'I love her dress'! That is why the world is so great - we all have our own tastes and preferences. Wouldn't it be boring if we all got married in white with peach bridesmaid dresses and flowers!!!

It's your day and your choice hun.

Not long left now!!!!

Layla

I can't believe you are still getting so much grief from your family. They are being so horrible to you! I can't believe it. I never got anything like that when I got married.

Apart from the M.I.L telling me I had gone over the top because I had bought nice underwear, was having favour boxes, balloons and I had booked a honeymoon. ????? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I take it your grandmother is over 70? Take comfort in the fact that all women over 70 lose their ability to 'engage brain before opening mouth'.

My M.I.L is in her 70's and has this problem too.

I think your flowers are fab hun.

thanks guys

Sarah - yeah she is over 70, and she has also said im going over the top coz i have favors and balloons, grrr. Its annoying coz Jases family are so suportive, they think the colours are diffrent and havent said a bad word agianst it, in fact, they are all excited about going to a diffrent wedding.

Amy's mum - Im a bit of a rock chick so I wanted black in it coz the colour scheme for the wedding is red and black, i didnt want anything white, i had the big white wedding first time round, i didnt want it then but coz my family were paying i had to.
so this time, coz me and jase are paying and he has teh same taste as me, we made sure it was exactly how we wanted it, my dress is red.

I will show you my daughters dress, i wanted my flowers to tie in with her

Layla, the flowers go perfectly with the dress, don't worry about what your nan says, they have an opinion about everything don't they!!!
Your flowers are lovely, it doesn't matter what any one else thinks, it's your day!!!!
Hope you have a lovely wedding.
Sam xx

That dress is absolutely gorgeous!

I had a burgundy theme too.

You will have a wonderful day!

I think your flowers and your dress are beautiful!! I found that when I got married everyone wanted to stick their noses in and tried to make me do things the way THEY wanted. I don't know why but it seems that other people's weddings bring out the worst in people. Stick to your guns and have things done the way you want, this day is yours and you will want to remember it as yours.

good luck and have a wonderful time xxxxxx

I have just been told that my sister is now staying here the night of teh wedding.
so i have my dad, my nan, my sister and her boyfriend and now my other sister.

im so pissed off with it all, im sorry to keep going on, i know your prob getting fed up of hearing about it by now.

im just so annoyed that they tell me things rather than ask and check if its ok, i really wanted to have a night alone with jase, my kids are staying with there nan so i had sorted that, but now i feel like a kid again, having to share my house with all my family members coz they are to frigging cheap to book in to the travel lodge!

im to tired to fight them anymore so i have said they can all stay, im going to get my nan a white buttonhole rather than a red one, just to keep her happy

at the end of the day it's your big day and no-one else's if they don't like them then tough,if you like them go for it. i think there loverly for a winter wedding, make sure you post us some nice wedding pic's after the big day :D and good luck hope it all goes well :D :D

i thinked that your flowers are gorgeous and the dress is lovely, in fact i have a dress similar to that.

God knows what my OH family will think if we get married, my lip piercing is obvious but they don't know about the 4 tattoos i've got and 3 of them would be on show! lol

Go for it, like everyones said it's your day!

Good Luck

xx

Hi Blackfairykitten,

I have 8 tatoos and 4 of mine are going to be on show, thats another reason why i wanted red and black for the colours, having 4 tatoos showing in a big white dress just wouldnt look right! lol

I think the flowers are lovely and so are all the dresses and suits you showed me hun. Stick with your guns and tell your family to bog off and that you won't be able to put them up for the night.

It's YOUR night and they shouldn't have asked to stay in the first place!

Layla the flowers are beautiful!! I think it would look silly having pinks and yellows in the middle of winter. My friend had a Xmas wedding a couple of years ago and had similar colours and a cake with holly and ivy on. I thought it looked amazing and the colours you have remind me of that.

Ignore your family and start getting excited. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back